Upgrade has been postponed

I don't seem to have a chat toolbar, and under settings, there is no "Keep Room Open" option, only "show chat rooms list" and "show idle user list". Any other ideas?

Edit: this is what I see, in lower right corner, stays on the page no matter where I scroll, will not go away...

Last edited:
My always figured the font came from this album cover, as simple as that and nothing sinister.

Donald_Fagen_-_Kamakiriad.jpg

Site founder's username is Kamakiri.

So, yeah, that's where it came from.

I don't seem to have a chat toolbar, and under settings, there is no "Keep Room Open" option, only "show chat rooms list" and "show idle user list". Any other ideas?

Edit: this is what I see, in lower right corner, stays on the page no matter where I scroll, will not go away...

Floating chat disappears when you "go back" to VBulletin 3 in lower left of screen.

No iPhone here, so I can't help beyond what I see on my browser. Maybe someone else knows better how to access settings on iPhone apps.

Im sorry buddy....... Im very sorry :( <snip>

It's okay, Donny. We get that you are passionate about the site, just like the rest of us. Your message has been delivered. When Luther gets this set up, we all will have a chance to look it over, and see what's what. Maybe there will be a need for more tweaking, and we can chime in at that time. For now, patience, Grasshopper.

No worries, mate.

I have to say, I've used Arrow on sites for customer support; for which it works great. The IM feature is neat.

The chat sucks. If you change a page; you get to reload everything. The fixed window size makes it impossible to really follow conversation. I hope this is on the list of things to not do after the upgrade is done. I hate to say it, but the java-based stuff we had was a tad better chat wise.

The majority of AK'ers understand this is a necessary upgrade. There will always be those who feel the need to be critical. I've been part of many upgrades in my professional and personal life. I know how time consuming and frustrating this can be. Good luck with the next attempt whenever you decide to do it.

That's the spirit, man. :thmbsp:

Thanks for watching out for the members. If the site is down for awhile that ok by me.I would rather have the site down as long as needs be,then up down, up down.

Thanks, I'll remember that bit of info.:thmbsp:

I don't know if this is the place to make the suggestion, but on the new AK chat, could you darken the usernames a bit? The light grey doesn't make it too easy to see when you got it enabled.

Other than that, I feel like I want to see my own avatar when I speak too. Maybe you can make that an option too? :thmbsp:

And yet Dude can express himself without attacking anybody . :scratch2:
I merely was making the observation that on more than one forum dude's comments have been poorly received by others. And that Simi told him what I think he needed to hear.

There was no personal attack. You take things too seriously. :smoke:

EDIT: I guess I am defending the symbol ... but more the reasoning behind its use by non ass clowns .. unlike the KKK et all

Frannie

Same goes for how Swastika is perceived here after used by Hitler/Nazi (even though Nazi tilted it 45 degrees, still it looks same).
It was/is a sacred Hindu symbol and still being used by billions but have hatred in US due to one bad guy using.
The Swastika is a symbol of peace for millions of Hindus, Buddhists and also Raelians since it is their symbol of infinity in time, their symbol of eternity.
Just because someone uses a good symbol for bad things, should it be banned from everywhere? No.
What if terrorists use symbol of cross to kill millions? Do we ban cross afterwards?

Focus on the good meaning of symbols, not on how bad guys used it.

Inquiry: appearance all updated, so has the software upgrade been actually completed now?

We are still running on the same old 3.8.6 software. None of the upgrade to 5.1.5 has been done to this site. I do have a development forums upgraded to 5.1.5 that I continue to work on behind the scenes to work out all the kinks.

Back
Top Bottom