Upgrade has been postponed

There was a period last night(remember I'm in Oz) about 7 hours ago where I couldn't get onto AK. There was a notice that the forums would be unavailable for 10 to 15 minutes to assist the upgrade.

I find when I awake this morning(07:00) It's my day off so I didn't get up at my usual 04:00, that I couldn't log on. The password that I've used for 11 1/2 years is denied. So I request a password reset. AK sent me a new password which I've changed back to my old one and so far at least all seems well.

Nice try but you're not getting rid of me that easily. :smoke:

I dunno - I just scrolled down and sat that it says:
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8

This is considered an upgrayed to SOME?

Last edited:
We are working with new software and we are trying to work all the kinks out. Luther is doing an awesome job working on the site without taking it down. Please be patient we may have periods where we experience a hiccup.

The jump from VB 3.6 all the way to 5.1 proved to be most troublesome. Hence the 3.8 upgrade first step. It allowed us to reopen new registration which has been closed for the past two weeks. Please be patient with us while further upgrades take place. Thank you

Grumpy

We are being playful but in no way do I mean to belittle any of your work.
Software upgrades can be a huge can of worms, moreso when it "cannot go offline"
Kudos to all of you doing the work, and godspeed!

I keep getting logged off. Every time I come back with a notification email for a subscribed thread.

Not whinin'. Just keeping the AK folks abreast of the bugs. OK? :thmbsp:

The jump from VB 3.6 all the way to 5.1 proved to be most troublesome. Hence the 3.8 upgrade first step. It allowed us to reopen new registration which has been closed for the past two weeks. Please be patient with us while further upgrades take place. Thank you

Grumpy

That make total sence to take small steps, each level helps the other install.

I had to retoggle the "remember my login" link last time I logged back in -
the upgrade must have toggled it off.

Holy heck; I am seeing some weird amalgam of AK and VK forums (fora) now... weird stuff, mateys... weird stuff.

Yeah, someone must have flipped the wrong switch. Audiokarma was suddenly Videokarma, but it seems to be back now.

Holy heck; I am seeing some weird amalgam of AK and VK forums (fora) now... weird stuff, mateys... weird stuff.

Yeah I got that one too. I'm a member of both but I visit VK about once every 5 years and have only made one post there.

Give me AK or give me death. :rant:

I tried to register on VK, but my e-mail is banned for some unknown reason, I have tried to get Grumpy to fix it for a month, but I'm sure he has been busy with the upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom