uploaded images size limits?

Discussion in 'AK New Format' started by roger2, Jan 16, 2018.

1. roger2

roger2 . Subscriber

I used to know this but have forgotten and can't seem to find the information. Getting old I guess...

I am curious about both pixels (HxW) as well as file size maximums.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

2. I LIKE MUSIC

I LIKE MUSIC Super Member

upload_2018-1-16_20-19-16.png

This can be found by going to "more options", then "up load a file".

3. roger2

roger2 . Subscriber

ooohhhh...that's not very big

Bill Ferris likes this.
  4. Wildcat

Wildcat Audio Sommelier

The maximum images sizes are misleading. The photo can actually be uploaded as a larger (pixel) size, but the forum will resize it to a maximum of 800px wide by 600px tall. The maximum file size could be a limitation set elsewhere (PHP has a size limit for data uploaded and/or "maximum post size" depending on how it is configured), not necessarily a forum setting.

5. roger2

roger2 . Subscriber

I prefer to resize prior to uploading whenever possible. Not that it is likely to make a visible difference if the site's resizer does it. Less bandwidth used though. But again...probably not a huge deal. I am just frugal, and perfectionist, by nature, lol.

Dang though...800x600 kinda makes a legible amplifier schematic next to impossible

Bill Ferris likes this.
  6. Wildcat

Wildcat Audio Sommelier

It looks as though a PDF file could be uploaded. One of my "printer" options on my computer gives me the ability to save to a PDF file. That is one possibility for a schematic.

Bill Ferris likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. roger2

roger2 . Subscriber

Yes....a pdf is a good alternative.

And I have moved this thread off topic as my original question has been answered. That said, schematics clearly visible to all thread participants can be a great aid in communicating, especially when particular components are marked for all to see and with accompanying text right there.

I am also not a fan of off-site image hosting for AK thread images as 3rd party hosts are not reliable in the long term. This is a lesson that (IIRC) was learned here long ago, way before the most recent format change. And now...this Photobucket thing is like deja vu all over again.

So yeah, I am OT....lol. Apologies for the mini-rant