US postal service blows goats

USPS Update

I have filed a complaint, and been on the phone with a Consumer Affairs Mgr. The package has disappeared. Last scan was 00:01 7/25. No record after that. :wtf:
Now I find out from the shipper, he charged me for insurance, but did not buy any. :dammit:
How convenient. That also happened with a TT I bought. I paid for insurance, and the guy did not buy any. What dod you do in a case like that? Atleast UPS gives the 1st $100 worth of insurance free. I just hope Paypal will help me get my money back.

Last edited:
Excuse me. I have been Postal for 12 years. You are complaining because you haven't received a package that shipped THIS YEAR? HAHAHAHAHA.....
I couldn't resist. A little postal humor. My apologies for making light of your dilemma.
:)
On a lighter note, since the guy didn't buy insurance, he probably also shipped parcel post. The thing is sittin in a bulk mail center with about 200 other trailers. It'll turn up now that consumer affairs heat is on. Them people are usually pretty good at hunting stuff down. Yard checks are done 3 times a day to avoid having mail sit too long. Plus it's prime time vacation period for us. That reminds me, it's break time...

Hey Mike,

Regarding the USPS, I find it hard to understand how gross neglect on their part is only covered by insurance.

So if the Post Master General purchased a TV from Best Buy, arranged for local delivery, but the TV never arrived, he should just be SOL. Oh, that's right - different set of rules.

This whole shipping insurance thing is really interesting. You pay the shipper extra money, because they may screw up while doing their job. I want a business opportunity like that! :thmbsp:

As for the Ebay seller - it seems to me that you paid for something that you did not get (insurance). This seller probably rolls the dice with the insurance $ on every sale - nail him. :smshot: If he won't offer you a suitable resolution - negative feedback for him and take up the issue with Ebay.

Last edited:
I'm kinda cheesed at 'em, too 'cause I sent a book to Kamakiri about 6 weeks ago he apparently never got. Shoulda insured, registered it, but I didn't. Stupid me...-Sandy G.

Mike Bama said:
he charged me for insurance, but did not buy any.
That's the shipper's problem. If it's clear in the auction wording or e-mail correspondence that you paid for insurance, the seller (or PayPal) should refund your money.

On a related note, I sold an LP to some ASSHOLE in France, who paid for (and received) airmail shipping (4-10 days, according to the USPS website). He got the LP THREE WEEKS weeks later and then left me NEUTRAL feedback! How am I responsible for the delivery times of the US and French post offices? No more international sales for me!

Billy, we will discuss it more tomorrow

Over a few beers. :)
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :drunk:

It finally showed up today. Hard to believe it left Atlanta, 140 miles from me, last Friday, and took 6 days to get here. very nice looker I might add. :)
The asshole still ripped me off for the insurance. :mad: :uzi:

BuckNaked said:
... he probably also shipped parcel post. The thing is sittin in a bulk mail center with about 200 other trailers. It'll turn up now that consumer affairs heat is on. Them people are usually pretty good at hunting stuff down.
This happened to me. I'd won an old wall phone on ePay from someone about 100 miles away, and after a month it still had not arrived. Went to postoffice, complained to the clerk, didn't give them my name because she didn't want it, and got the box the very next morning! (Too bad the phone had the internal earpiece missing and I had to return it, even though the buyer said it was in perfect working order and had been thoroughly checked, too. Riiiiiiiiiight.... I'm still waiting for the shipping refund...)
Tom

Well, I've found out Tim DID get his book I sent him,so the Postal Oriface is back in my good graces. For now, anyway.-Sandy G.

Mike Bama said:
It finally showed up today. Hard to believe it left Atlanta, 140 miles from me, last Friday, and took 6 days to get here. very nice looker I might add. :)
You are vary lucky and 6 days is not to bad I had a member here send me some 10" reels that took 3 weeks to get to me and he is only 40 miles from me I could have walked and got them sooner. I do not do any shipping by USPS.

Ron

I do most shipping/mailing via USPS.
Never had a problem although about a week ago the package I was to receive arrived and sat at a local depot for over a day.
Currently waiting for my Tek 465M from Gelnallen, AK via USPS. I hope there is no problem with delivery.
How does DHL compare to Fedex and UPS? Waiting for an ebay purchase from NC.
I had some Hella headlights delivered from Deutschland via DHL about a year ago and arrived in great condition.
That is the only dealing I've had with them so far.

Last edited:
Mike Bama said:

At least you didn't get it looking like THIS-
smashed6501-vi.jpg

Hey gearhead, compare the busted sx-650 faceplate glass and the sx-550 for hole placement and size... I have a sx-550 faceplate that if it fits could be a glass donor..... Email or PM me to continue this...

Anybody else know if the sx-650 and sx-550 glass compare?????

Thankx anybody.....

My local post office has the annoying habit,espescially during the holidays,of misplacing our packages.Weve had tracking numbers for several of them,and they all say they are in our post office.Sometimes they just sit in the post office undelivered for days or weeks.Sometimes they sit in the mail carriers private station wagon that has a USPS sticker on it for days.My wife likes to call the Postmaster General,and get them jumping through hoops,but usually,they still cant find the right package for days.One time,they found a package,and it turned out to be ANOTHER package they had misplaced.Ive paid for tracking services,and Ill look on the website,and it will say I didnt pay for the service.I actually go to another town,Surprise,if I absolutely have to ship something USPS.
Jimmy

markthefixer said:
Hey gearhead, compare the busted sx-650 faceplate glass and the sx-550 for hole placement and size... I have a sx-550 faceplate that if it fits could be a glass donor..... Email or PM me to continue this...

Anybody else know if the sx-650 and sx-550 glass compare?????

Thankx anybody.....

Apart from the glass, the power/speaker selector knob is pushed in hard enough to bend the chassis.
This was an eBay purchase.
I was supposed to get UPS shipping, which would've included insurance, instead, I got USPS without insurance.
It was packed in a box with only peanuts, so I'm not blaming the postal service.

Gearhead,
If part of the overall agreement with the seller was for UPS shipping plus insurance and you received the unit by another carrier less insurance, you can void the sale and get you money back. Look into it.
Ron

yep, I love the post office. Here's one incident I had. Waiting for a package, I look on line at the tracking number, and it says it was delivered the day before. I call the post office to say it was stolen, they call the postwoman, and she says she had it, she scanned it the day before as delivered, and has another box too. Hmm, I thought she was supposed to scan it at the door as delivered, not in the truck.

You are referring to that boxlike plastic thingie that snaps on over the entire front of the scope?? I find that less than 10% of the scopes that were shipped with them new still have them... 9of ANY brand) and I've run through over 40 scopes of that genre. They tend to get lost in the auctions/asset sales. Darn shame..... people must be usin them for dog dishes?????

That's the biggest complaint/problem... busted knobs bent shafts internal damage to boards due to the way the switches were made/mounted.

And just not scopes either.

IMO... none of the transportation M O N S T E R S are worth squat. All of them are publicly owned with a bottom line that has no interest EXCEPT for the almighty DOLLAR.
My last shipping disaster took SIX trips across this country and arrived with the interior on my amp destroyed. The mate only crossed once and made it in good shape...
the other one looks like it has aged decades.
FedEx was the dog this time. I don't care how well anything is packed, six trips from Ca to Tx will turn any piece of electronic gear into pablum. Tracking info is a waste of time if they cannot rope a box from a system.
Over a period in excess of three weeks, no one would/could
pull this ping pong box out of the FedEx system.

Tracking indicated it's arrival and I went to the Ground location at 6AM (on a Sat) and caught it before it took off AGAIN. Now the Manf. wants it returned to Ca with $50.00
for an estimate and that's not including shipping costs.
Added insult is the Manf., does not sell ANY replacement parts. ARONOV will not even sell a repair manual. Excellent product... but no customer service. WTF.

Not a Happy Camper

It is possible to pack an item so that you can ship it anywhere, anytime, as many times as you like.

The box may take a beating, but as long as they don't run it over with the truck, or jam a forklift into it, it'll arrive unharmed.

I do it all the time. Takes a lot of effort, but it can be done. Thing is, you certainly can't convince anyone else to go to that kind of trouble.

Back
Top Bottom