Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• All of 'em!

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Princeton Record Exchange deserves it's spot on that list. That place is awesome.

Have never even heard of Long In The Tooth but it's about time I go out and find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been to Wuxtry in Athens, bought a couple of records there. Nice place, decent prices, good quality records.

Mississippi Records over Music Millennium? That's a surprise, I guess everyone has their opinion. Millennium has been a Portland fixture since .... well, ever? It's in a cool, odd building Keith the vinyl guy is always there to greet me with a sarcastic smile. I can always seem to get him to knock a buck or two off used LP's and he knows his vinyl. If you want to start up a conversation with him; just offer him $300 for the MoFi Beatles box set that's been their for at least a year. Then tell him he's crazy. That always winds him up.

Visited Princeton Record Exchange many times when I lived in NJ. Since moving to DC, have actually found three good ones.

For all you vinyl aficionados out there, check out Cherry Records in Auburn, CA. A really nice collection and selection of just about everything and anything you might be looking for. Al, the owner, is a great guy and will go out of his way to find something you are after...............:thmbsp:

I've only visited Reckless in Chicago a few times. I've driven through St. Louis dozens of times but never stopped at never stopped at Vintage Vinyl despite hearing good reviews. Maybe one day.

Been to Princeton Record Exchange many times and always buy too much when I'm there, but PRX doesn't hold a candle to Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ in terms of vinyl(not the same VV on the list). Scotti's in Summit, NJ deserves serious consideration as well. I don't believe Princeton is an RSD participant either. I'm actually shocked they left off the other two.

Been to Princeton Record Exchange many times and always buy too much when I'm there, but PRX doesn't hold a candle to Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ in terms of vinyl(not the same VV on the list). Scotti's in Summit, NJ deserves serious consideration as well. I don't believe Princeton is an RSD participant either. I'm actually shocked they left off the other two.

PRX does RSD. However the line is so long that I usually pass.

All the Reckless stores are great and I do frequent them but they're more geared towards the rock/alt/hipster crowd.

For jazz and soul you'll find some of the best condition and selection at Dusty Groove, Jazz Record Mart or Hyde Park Records.

PRX does RSD. However the line is so long that I usually pass.

Good to know, although it's too far for RSD. As it is I waited 3 1/2 hrs. to get into Scotti's, and I heard there were 300 + people waiting at Vintage. They started showing up a little after midnight.

I've only been to Princeton Record Exchange among those listed. I'll put Hymie's on my list as my daughter lives in Minneapolis and I get up there a couple of times per year.

The "slightly less historic" location of Wuxtry in Decatur is just down the road from me. I usually stop by on my way home every Friday. Excellent service and selection. :thmbsp:

For my fellow Atlantans... Ella Guru's should have been in the top ten as well. Definitely worth a trip if you've never been there. Located in the Oak Grove area of N. Decatur.

I just got back from Vintage Vinyl in St. Louis. I escaped with my wallet intact because the bride was parked out front and waiting. I was looking for David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, but no luck. Then it was off to Euclid Records where I walked out with a solid oak cabinet Nitty Gritty Record Master for only $200.

Been to Princeton records a few times... (are you guys my unknown neighbors? I'm maybe 10-15 min away?). I'll have to check out vintage vinyl, thanks. Back in the Day J&R was great and a little later Tower, alas many good things come to an end or at least evolve (not necessarily for the better).

I've been to Princeton many times, and Long in the Tooth. Have yet to get to Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ but will. Another Jersey store I like is The Record Collector, in Bordentown, NJ. I used to frequent this store when it was in Trenton, and always found something good. I've only been there a few times since the move to Bordentown, but it is still worth checking out if you're in the neighborhood.

Been to Vintage Vinyl in St. Louis. Euclid Records is another good option here.

I'm firmly entrenched in the STL record store scene, and I was thrilled to see VV included in the Top 10. I can go there, observe my self-imposed limit of less than $10 per LP, and find records that have been opened and NEVER PLAYED for that price.

I know Lew and Tom at VV and have for years (all the record store people also support and DJ at KDHX 88.1 FM St. Louis community radio), as well as Joe Schwab at Euclid. Joe recently attended a record show in NYC, and spoke to the punk collector who paid $2000 for a rare 45 I played on in the late 70's. Joe said that the collector was VERY pleased to have picked up the single! :banana:

Back
Top Bottom