USB or MP3 player component?

siltsunrise

Hi!

title edit - Oops, the mp3 player mentioned is a no go...only a crappy headphone jack to rca cable connection would be possible.

All my music is in flac or mp3. I own no cds, tapes, or records, and will never buy another.

Is there any kind of device out there allowing one to simply plug a usb stick into it (and then that to the receiver/amp) just like a turntable, cd, or tape player would do?

Just want a cheap, wee little box or something, would be ever so nice.
I don`t want to use my PC or an iphone or wifi. Just usb stick!

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
There's all kinds of cheap stuff on ebay. I have one here, but I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet. Will require a screen like a computer monitor.

Search for this:

Full HD 1080P HDMI Media Audio Video Player AV VGA USB RMVB MKV SD SDHC AVI RM

Ah, that looks like what I am looking for. Thanks!

Looks like german company fantec makes some nice ones.

Last edited:
If you're willing to spend a little money, a used Marantz NA7004 would do the trick. Its a full sized audio component with a very good DAC and analog output stage that can accept audio over USB and Ethernet. Easy to control too.

I'd expect to pay $300 or so

Otherwise, there are literally thousands of little doohickies on eBay and Amazon that do what your looking for- and many inexpensive BluRay players have this functionality too

Good luck in your search, I'll be very interested to see what you find!

Thanks, I will look into it. I have to buy my new amp still, so that might work. Funny how these players keep cropping up even after I have spent days digging online.

That is the predecessor to the melody streamers, ennit? I looked at those, but they some poor (regarding quality) reviews from buyers. Seems some think marantz is hollow inside these days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom