user name shows twice under avatar?

Im sorry but I have to say this with members that are totaly insulting to the site. Nasty comments like pay to play, and so forth, then post 10,000 and have atitudes about the sites system but never suporting it. I think the outrageous cost to pay to play is .07 a day, maybe skip 4 cups of coffee a year and you can write whatever you want under your name.

Personaly I would leave the default in place.....:crazy:

I thought about trying the non-breaking space character (Alt+0160 in Windows) but XenForo treats that as whitespace, so the default user title pops up.

There are other like the middle dot -- · -- Alt+0183. Not exactly blank, though.
Thanks for the tip. Fairly unobtrusive. Maybe left- or right-justified is tolerable, as well. Good advice for ferninando.

Hey, ferninando! Have you figured out what you want to do, given that 'blankspace' is not an option?

C'mon fellas, Fern's a well respected and very helpful member who doesn't hesitate to offer up his knowledge in the Tube Forum here.

Well respected member I am sure he is, and helpful too, he's been offered to have text of his choice entered, and has opted to 'do nothing'. I am guessing the system won't allow giving a non-subscriber the privilege to enter or edit his/her own text, and besides if you start making the site permissions that granular, admin becomes a nightmare.

I just figure it is easier to just let it be and be done with it.
Would have been nice if they had come up with a more "friendly" name.
I wonder who thought that one up.

Well respected member I am sure he is, and helpful too, he's been offered to have text of his choice entered, and has opted to 'do nothing'. I am guessing the system won't allow giving a non-subscriber the privilege to enter or edit his/her own text, and besides if you start making the site permissions that granular, admin becomes a nightmare.

No criticism was intended towards you or Luvvinvinyl, he's always been aces with the patience of Job during this transition to the new softwware.

I just find it a bit jarring that some feel they have to denigrate others for not being subscribers. Who knows what their personal finances are at this point in life. Being on a fixed income entails all sorts choices people have to make.

I know a lot of non subscribers who donate their time and energy to making AudioKarma a warm and welcoming community. Fern is one of those.

I'll get off my soapbox now and slink off back to the old fogies corner where tubes rule...Peace.
<grin>

Last edited:
ferninando, just like you, my permissions are not all set, yet. That set of names came with the software, and I can see it being changed, down the road. I understand your point of view, and I'm willing to do all I can do to help you out. It was suggested that a single period/hyphen/other punctuation mark would suffice to satisfy the software, where blank space doesn't.

Let's see how this looks.

with the exception of the tiny dot it is back to how it was.
Suits me fine. Altho I was willing to go with what the machine suggested.
Thanks and sorry for causing any trouble.

No trouble. Everything is part of the learning curve. (I haven't given up on "blank", yet. Just not there yet.)

What if you changed the color of the writing? or can you?

That little dot will never be seen in this color on that background

Back
Top Bottom