Using both DIN and RCA on one tape input

Gertjan90

Hi guys,

Quick question:
Is there any harm in using both the DIN connection and the RCA ones on a single tape input, for two different input devices?

Exemple: I'm running out of inputs on my Kenwood KA-6100 so I put my reel to reel on the RCAs of "tape B" and my cassette deck on the DIN input, also for "tape B"

So far, it works. But it does some weird stuff to the input selection. Tape B is now cassette, and the reel to reel and tuner share the "tuner" input now.. Even though the RTR is connected to "tape B".. Doesn't really matter to me as I wont be turning them both on at the same anyway.

But, could this be harmfull to the amp?

Thanks in advance.

It's not harmful per-se, but you are messing with loading and sensitivites on the one input. You may also load down the inputs and cause on or other or both to roll off their HF and increase THD. When both devices are turned on, on the same input, it will get worse.

Why not just pick up a little switch box for a few dollars that gives you a bunch extra inputs? I see old video switchers all the time and 2nd hand stores for a dollar or two.

I'll look into getting a switch box.
For the record, I don't plan on turning on multiple input device at the same time, not the ones that are on the same input, anyways.

t's not harmful per-se, but you are messing with loading and sensitivites on the one input. You may also load down the inputs and cause on or other or both to roll off their HF and increase THD. When both devices are turned on, on the same input, it will get worse.
:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom