USS Gerald R. Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the Carl Vinson in the 80's. American tankers and and logistics shipping were being harassed by Iran/Russian ships And aircraft. We showed up with a battle group, All issues ended instantly. Navy's job is to project power, The aircraft carrier does it well. No matter the cost.

An EXTREMELY large target...I wonder how long this bad boy is sposed to be in service..Maybe Kim Yuck Foo,3rd might try to take a poke at it..I ALMOST feel sorry for Our Boy,Yuck Foo the Turd. .I'd say he has NO idea about how powerfult the Shyte-Storm he keeps messing with really & truly is.I keep hoping that one day we'll wake up, Bradley Buzz Cut will be sent off to Nork Heaven & a new regime will be taking over..I REALLY feel for theNorkcitizens, THEY didn't ask for any of this.

It's terrific. I have been online defending the cost and need for this today with a bunch of nitwits who think our enemies just need a good hug. It's a useless and maddening exercise.
Why don't those nitwits hug a terrorist and see what happens?

Nitwit: Come here buddy. (embracing Isis member)

Isis member who happens to speak English: Oh thanks. Btw, you look hot. Let me ventile you with my machine gun. (Rata-tat-tat-tat....)

Why don't those nitwits hug a terrorist and see what happens?

Nitwit: Come here buddy. (embracing Isis member)

Isis member who happens to speak English: Oh thanks. Btw, you look hot. Let me ventile you with my machine gun. (Rata-tat-tat-tat....)

You mean hugging the same terrorists the U.S. has supported for years? To keep the Mid East stirred up and an excuse for more wars. Kind of self-perpetuating wouldn't you say?

The Ford has a new cat system . Using electromagnetic power . Rather than steam. Two reactors with enough fuel for 25 years.

A strong military provides hundreds of thousands of good paying civilian employment opportunitys. Its great for the economy.

I don´t think, in any country in the world, besides the USA, would one single person say "we need more weapons".

And America is so isolated, they actually have the SMALLEST need for a large military.

Or do you think the Canadians are going to attack, like in the South Park movie?? :)

I don´t think, in any country in the world, besides the USA, would one single person say "we need more weapons".

And America is so isolated, they actually have the SMALLEST need for a large military.

Or do you think the Canadians are going to attack, like in the South Park movie?? :)

Dude... the weapons trade/defense spending is the third largest segment of the global economy. I think oil and narcotics out rank it, I'm not sure.

No, We have commitment's overseas, Allies, Our own bases manned by American's, A lot of ocean to cover. We're not as isolated as in the 70's/80's. We can be reached by a few countries now. Nations do get more weapons, And with improvements, China's new strike fighter, Koreas new missles, Russia's new everything. Not to mention whatever Iran's up too.
These countries need to be kept in check, The only way to bring that kind of deterent is the carrier battle group. If A missle gets lobbed at S Korea, Or one of our ships, You need a way to answer that. This is the way, There's no other way to get there fast enough too be of any use. so you put a few of these in he hot areas, And police the place. Its national defense, Been this way sense at least Pearl Harbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom