Vaccination - a reminder!

I don't get them. I've had real doctors I work with tell me with, a nod and a wink, since I've already had the flu several times as a child I probably have a higher resistance naturally than the shot would ever give me, even if it was a perfect match for that seasons strain. Knock on wood.....I haven't had the flu in 20years. Are they deniers? You've got to be Leary about something that gets pushed on you so hard. By the way, if you take even a little bit care of yourself and don't have other health issues caused by other things you are told you need, you can get over the flu without dying. If you do feel something coming on......jager shots work better IMO:beerchug:

You can find doctors who believe all kinds of kooky things. I once had a veterinarian tell me that I should give my cat antacid because she was 'acidic'. Turned out he was looking at her blood gases and pH which have nothing to do with stomach acidity. According to a much more qualified vet that we talked to after that, who you could tell was trying hard not to roll her eyes that a licensed vet would be that clueless. Never did give kitty any Tums. :biggrin:

According to CDC data, about 60% of children under 18 and 40% of adults get flu shots. It is interesting that despite all the ads and promoting of flu shots that the adult percentage has stayed at near the same level for the last 10 years while the children have increased from 40-60% during the same period. So, you believe in it protecting your child, but not yourself?

Also, think about it. There were 80,000 death from the flu last year. if the flu shot is so dangerous, at least 80,000 should have died from it. I must have missed that news report.

Back
Top Bottom