Value for Nakamichi Slimline Reference Monitors

I have never seen nor heard of these Nakamichi speakers Will. They have to be pretty rare. If they are 16 Ohm, your solid state amplifiers will only be able to deliver approximately one half of their rated power. Conversely, most tube gear will be able to deliver the same output as they do into 8 Ohms.

I wonder if the Slimlines are covered by the aura of the much fancier versions. They may sound just as good, but they look like rack system speakers.

I have never seen nor heard of these Nakamichi speakers Will. They have to be pretty rare. If they are 16 Ohm, your solid state amplifiers will only be able to deliver approximately one half of their rated power. Conversely, most tube gear will be able to deliver the same output as they do into 8 Ohms.
Good to know. I don't have any tube gear as yet. I do not usually play speakers at high volume, so I think I will be ok as far as connecting these to my equipment. Thanks!

I wonder if the Slimlines are covered by the aura of the much fancier versions. They may sound just as good, but they look like rack system speakers.

I sold mine to a guy via AK - maybe he will chime in on them. I checked back with him after he got them home, and he seemed very pleased with them.

Back
Top Bottom