Value of a 2007 NOS Technics SL-1200 MKII?

Once it's opened, it's no longer NOS. It's just EX.
I should of said unused, head shell and small parts are still in the bag, and cords are still wound up and zipped as original. Dust cover is spotless and unmolested.

Sounds like the right thing to do. Are you going to be the end user or is it a flip? Great deal either way.

Depending on your "beater" and how much is "much less", you could end up getting a NM 1200 for free! You gotta like that.

My beater needs the little light replaced, the lift contact point is super glued in place on the arm, and the brand new cover is shattered in a moving accident where one of my JBL 4430's fell over on it in the back of my truck. But it looks and plays good, super glued the cover together also. :biggrin:

I was able to go check out the SL-1200 today, unbelievable to find an unused example for the picking, it even smells brand new. I did get the full story on the history, and he purchased it new in 2007. He purchased it with other new components, and upon unpacking noticed that it did not come with a needle and cartridge. So after noticing that, he hooked his older turntable up to the new stereo, never following through to get this table complete and running. So he put the table back in the box with the platter in place, the cover just sitting on top, then threw away the packing materials :mad:. After 2 to 3 moves around the country, the top of the plinth received some damage from the hinges on the cover. :eek: It isn't terrible, but surely takes away from being brand new in appearance. So I have everything but the Styrofoam packing, cords have never been unwrapped, head shell never installed, and bag of small parts still intact. I gave him 250.00 for the table, not bad I would say, but sad to see the dings on the front edge.

20180705_152935.jpg 20180705_152945.jpg 20180705_152957.jpg 20180705_153007.jpg 20180705_153018.jpg 20180705_155949.jpg 20180705_155956.jpg

I feel bad for you having to look at that damage on a daily basis. I don't know that I'll be able to sleep at night knowing you have to live with damaged gear. Tell you what, out of the goodness of my heart, I'll give you what you paid for it. I'll even drive down to pick it up so you don't have the headache of having to ship it. :D

I recently sold a 2004 manufactured table for $550 that was in better condition but no original box. You got a good deal.

Why he had the cover sitting on it backwards and not have the hinges slid into their slots I will never understand. When you hold the cover backwards over the marks, the hinges line up directly with them. Oh well, not much can be done about it now, just glad to own it.

Back
Top Bottom