1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Van Alstine MOSFET Amp Info Wanted

Discussion in 'Audio by Van Alstine' started by kve777, Apr 23, 2016.

1. kve777

kve777 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I picked up this "Dynaco Mystery Amp" from a fellow AK'er recently and found the boards are VanAlsine PC-489, and the outputs are Hitachi 2SK134 and 2SJ49 MOSFET's, but can't seem to find out anything more about it, like a model # or specs. Apparently it's about 55 WPC or so, based on the output devices. I just wish I had a model # or something to verify. It's in a Dynaco ST-150 cabinet, I believe. Any info would be appreciated.

IMG_1374.JPG IMG_1375.JPG IMG_1376.JPG

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

Maybe move this to the AVA forum.

3. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Lily! Staff Member Admin Subscriber

I can vouch for that.

I can move this thread for you, if you wish.

4. kve777

kve777 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Bump for info.

5. avahifi

avahifi AK Member

Well! That is certainly an interesting but unauthorized use of AVA circuits. We never built anything like that in a Dyna ST-150 chassis.

It appears that the AVA circuit boards, and Dyna SCA-80 heat sinks with our Hitachi mosfets installed have been removed from an older Dyna chassis and cobbled into this Dyna St-150 chassis. The toroid power transformer is not ours either and I have no idea of its current or voltage rating.

I also note that the audio circuits are missing output inductors and critical output circuit damping networds, so its stability is suspect. Here is a more representitive photo of what a real AVA circuit set in a Dyna ST-150 should look like.

Frank Van Alstine

Mos-Fet-150.png upload_2016-4-26_9-26-32.png

Attached Files: