Vancouver BC / Lower mainland deal alerts

Took a stroll through the SA thrift store on Victoria and 49th yesterday on my way to the post office, couple pairs of speakers someone might be interested in:

Sansui SP-1200(X?) looking good, someones pried off one of the grills, and all the speakers on at least that one were in very good shape, didn't look to closely at the cabs, but they definitely weren't bad!

Paradigm Phantom's, look like 2-way with tweeter and 8" woofer, couldn't get a grill off to see but they were in pretty good condition as well, nothing major I noticed on the cabs, nice binding posts on the back.

Each was marked 69.99, I hope for the pair. So not a steal, but just about everything in SA seems overpriced these days (i.e. 3.99 for a used paper-back...) dunno if there's any bargaining allowed either?

I may be the only one here not:

A. watching the hockey game
B. Drunk
C. All of the above

but here ya go:

Three piece stereo. Preamp, seven band equalizer and 100 watt class A DC power amp. Excellent condition.

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/ele/316267820.html

Pre-amp C80
EQ GE-80
Power Amp P80

Selling my pair of Boston Acoustics A-100 speakers. They are two-way, with a 10" woofer and a silk dome tweeter. Good shape cosmetically, new woofer foam last year. Really great sound, acoustic suspension design. The Boston A-series speakers are a cult classic for good reason!

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/ele/316245921.html

Not sure if these are 'deals' especially since I didn't ask what the price was but;

was strolling W. 4th today, down at the end, around MacDonald, there's a thrift store next to a gas station, pretty new looking and some 'interesting' stuff inside. Average prices were high in the store, but there was;

A Sansui AU-217 Tuner, OK shape, front excellent, no lights, couple rounded corners on the back and a couple light scratches on the top of the case. It was picking up stations, just plugged it in and gave it a spin though.

A Sony RtR, looked in excellent shape, don't know anything about reels, but it was a TapeCorder...nice walnut grain, there was a pair of plastic reels on it as well, heavy bastard. Didn't plug it in.

A mystery tube amp...this caught my eye, looked like it was pulled from a console, wires everywhere, set of four 'larger' tubes (read 2" high, 3/4" diameter) and two smaller output(?) tubes. Heavy transformer and two large aluminum looking caps. Looked like it was a mono output, there were wires stickin out of it everywhere...definitely didn't plug it in....

Next time I'm bringing my camera...

titan, did you end up checking out that monster sansui AU-20000 locally here? I fired off an email asking if I could go see it (and convince myself that I need another one to bi-amp with...) but never heard back. Any luck on your end?

No luck whatsoever fishface. I fired off an email with my number probably seconds after the ad appeared, never heard back. Somebody offered more, I'm guessing. Too bad, but that gear hunting for you. I'm due, after being scooped on some 4311s by about 10 seconds last week! :tears: The guy got 'em for $80 -- freakin' flawless they were...

Yeah, it's there again, sort of. Methinks the buyer is flaky and unreliable. Fellow wrote, said he'd call me today, but I'm doubting it -- the ad posted last night is gone, but the old one is still there. Don't much like the feeling of this one; just don't like dealing with sellers like this. :thumbsdn:

Well if the 'issue' is the protection circuit, between mine and Orcinus's unit, both were probably bad solder joints and/or traces on the protection board. Seems like a weak point in these units as even with that famous sansui glue slathered all over my driver and powersupply boards - mine is still happily blasting away.

Take a good look at the cosmetics, and make your decision based off of that. There are always the many good souls on AK to help you get her fixed up if she doesn't jump right outta the gate...

Dual 1225 turntable

There is a Dual 1225 turntable at a local garage sale. PM me asap if you want it. then I'll pick it up. You can then come to Maple Ridge and grab it from me.
Asking $15, will probably take $10. It looks clean. Basic wood base and clean smoked cover, both center spindles are there along with the 45 adapter. Shure cartridge.
The 1225 is the basic consumer grade of table, a definite step down from the 1219-1229's. Maybe someone would still like it though.
Remember, most old Duals need a lube job. Funky things happen when the grease seizes them up.

Edit- I forgot to say the sale is on tomorrow too. I remember seeing this unit last year at their garage sale, so I doubt it will sell today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom