Vandersteen 2Ci

slick.one

I'll keep this short but I cobbled together a system for my brother-in-law who moved back home from out of town. He always said he liked Vandersteens so I found a pair of Vandersteen 2Ci in need of some TLC. One tweeter was dead and the midrange on the same speaker was not functioning either. The tweet had a broken tinsel lead and the mid problem turned out to be fried resistors in the crossover. I was able to find an OEM tweet on the auction site and removed the crossover to replace the resistors. This was not a job for the faint of heart! Anyway, I got it all put back together and working and they sound great! We're powering them with Soundcraftsmen MA 5002 and DX-4000 preamp I had in one of my spare systems. Sources are CD players from Marantz and Nakamichi.
I own some decent speakers of my own including Dahlquist DQ10 and Altec Model 14, but these 2Ci's kick like a mule while still having nice resolution. Listening to Donald Fagen solo discs or the best discs of Steely Dan
is a revelation! He's very happy and I'm proud to have put this system together for him.:beerchug:

The 2Ci's are great speakers. I had a set once. The better the power, the better they will sound. IMHO

Vandersteen makes great products. I have a pair of 2Ce Sig II speakers. If you can afford to move up to these, they are fantastic. Richard Vandersteen has made several upgrades over the years. If only my room were larger I'd have a pair of 3A Signatures.

Back
Top Bottom