Vandersteen 5A drivers value?

thought91

Hey folks! I'm interested in buying some 5A drivers from an AKer in the next week or so. The pyramid shaped top portion of the cabinet is still intact, but the bottom half of the cab is gone. He will take no less than $1700, which is more than I'm comfortable paying. Is this a good price? I think I could make new cabs.

He said on a forum of his that he paid less than 500.. I don't know if he got an incredible deal, or if he's charging to much. Anyone?

He said on a forum of his that he paid less than 500.. I don't know if he got an incredible deal, or if he's charging to much. Anyone?

Well...sometimes it doesn't matter how much the seller paid, but how much they are worth on the open market. As you have found, the list price on the 5A's were around $16,900?? If you add up the parts, are they worth $1700? And how much do you think you can sell them back for, after building the cabinets and such?

sometimes it doesn't matter how much the seller paid
Sorry, I didn't mean to convey that his purchase price was indicative of value, however I was curious to know if that was the case in this particular instance. I realize now that I likely will not receive any input on the matter. Doesn't matter now, I rolled the dice. Hopefully things will work out.

Back
Top Bottom