Variant on the Express

dbsupercrew

Got an idea, flame on if it doesnt sound feasible. Suppose some wins the bid on an item in Austin,TX and the destination is say the DC area. I could pick up in Austin, TX, relay to someone in Dallas, Tx who relays to someone within say 100 miles, etc,etc via AKer's. This would be a good way to meet fellow Aker's along the way. Gets me out of the dog house with the better half cause she goes with me. Aker's benefit, I benefit,the better half benefits due the her getting a weekend shopping trip to Dallas. Wait a minute,what have I just done????????? She gets a spending spree in the big city??????? :cry:

Sounds like it could work, provided there are enough people who conveniently live that close to eachother, or are willing to drive the extra distance.

Heck, if this works, I'll offer up my services again. I live in Central Washington state (Ellensburg) and am willing to run the I-90 route between Seattle and Spokane, if there are any AKers in either location willing to go from there to elsewhere. Might be fun to see if anything can be transported across the nation on I-90, shore to shore on a modified AK Express.

- JP

I'm in, subject to availability, I can go as far as Columbus/ Toledo/ Pittsburgh without too much trouble.

And Nome, Alaska. Further than that, I have to draw the line :) .

Pete

I'd like to add to my offer for transportation. I can also cover Highway 97 from Ellensburg, WA up to Wenatchee and I-82 as far South as Pasco, though that would be a bit of a haul for me. I figure with this last bit, I could make the connection between Seattle and Eastern Oregon and Southern Idaho, provided other AK members in those areas have a similar distance of coverage (~200 miles) that overlap with mine.

I figure if I'm asking for help all the way from California, the least I can do is offer in kind around here.
- JP

Say, does this forum have a moderator yet?

Back
Top Bottom