Vato's Listening Room & New Mobile Cabinet

Oh Yeah!!!! I see you found use for that new angle guide..

The oak on that drawer front is beautiful. You built a hell of a nice piece of furniture.. makes me wanna get busy again on a project I started..

Thanks, James. I didn't even break out my power miter saw for this project. All of my cross cuts and miter cuts on the solid oak trim were done using my table saw and my new Incra miter gauge. Best accessory I have bought for my table saw to date.

That looks awesome. Are you sure that is the best way of storing cartridges? I use the put them all on the bottom of the drawer so they don't touch method, then pray nothing falls into the drawer and breaks them. I suppose your way has a few merits though. :D

Very nice work.

Thanks, Vern. If you notice, there is nothing stored next to the turntable so that nothing can accidentally fall into the drawer if it's open. The carts are held upright and the holes have slits to allow the alignment pin from the head shell to fit perfectly and keep them from spinning around and risking any contact with each other or other stuff in the drawer. I figure the less crap I have in there the less chance there is of damage.

I had thought about putting the drawer at the bottom but I have a two year old grandson who comes to visit and I didn't want to risk the chance of him easily getting into the drawer. As it is, he likes to push buttons and flip switches on my gear. :dammit: It also saves me from having to bend over to grab my vinyl dusting brushes.

Why am I not surprised?! Very nice work Jess, I would be most immmpressssed. :thmbsp:

Nice work as usual Jess! Looks really sweet and fits your room perfectly. Matches the Dahlquist stands too.

That's a great looking cabinet. I'm wondering if you made the speaker stands as well because an old friend of mine has a pair of those DQ-10s' and his doesn't have those stands--they sure sound good too.
Nice job!

Well thought out cabinet. Nothing like knowing precisely what is needed and then having the skills to create it. How about some shots of your workshop?

That's a great looking cabinet. I'm wondering if you made the speaker stands as well because an old friend of mine has a pair of those DQ-10s' and his doesn't have those stands--they sure sound good too.
Nice job!

The three legs supporting the DQ's are original but the base they are attached to are not. Someone else made those and I have plans to make new ones and do something different.

Well thought out cabinet. Nothing like knowing precisely what is needed and then having the skills to create it. How about some shots of your workshop?

I have never taken pics of my workshop but maybe it's time I do. I have taken shots of just about everything else associated with my house. The garage is my workshop and I posted some pics of the epoxy coating I put down on the floor but that was when there was nothing in there and I had all that empty space.

Incredible, I love it. I'm bias though, Pioneer makes me go yay!!! That RTR is truly sweet!!!

First I said, oooo nice gear, then I said Wow, that cabinet is absolutely gorgeous. I noted the matching Dq stands, but when I saw that neatly arranged drawer... I nearly fainted. Really really nice work, wonderfully put together!

Back
Top Bottom