1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Venom movie

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by CT_Ohio, Oct 9, 2018.

1. CT_Ohio

CT_Ohio Active Member

Watched today, friend had a discount ticket. I'm mostly burnt out on Marvel stuff, figured it's a reason to get out of the house. And that's about it. Most notable feature of this feature is the uneven editing; supposedly this was to be a much longer (and possibly R-rated) movie, but execs squashed that and the resulting cut is a slight mess. Some good moments. Nothing exceptional visually by modern standards, soundtrack was not assertive enough to notice. Suggest wait for video. Stan Lee cameo is near the end of the story. 1 credits scene and then some sort of animated featurette with a different SpiderMan at the very end, which was puzzling as they showed a preview before the movie which seemed to include some of the same material. No idea.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. qdrone

qdrone Music is my mistress

Who was the Woody Haroldson Character? I liked the movie but I'm a Tom Hardy fan.

3. ultumax

ultumax Super Member

It was good but , I’m greatly disappointed in the shortening of the film & lack of R rating.

Could had been an iconic film it’s just aiming at higher box office by Lowering rating. Could had used better soundtrack & editing possibly better acting. Hardy was the real standout obviously.

4. CT_Ohio

CT_Ohio Active Member

Reading some fan site posts, Woody's character seems to be the host for Carnage, another symbiote who will provide a villain for the next Venom-related movie. Whether that's in the works yet, dunno.

qdrone likes this.
  5. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

I'm kinda burned out as well, and nothing of interest in another mutant lead character story here, unlike Deadpool, which btw, one was fine, thanks.
    I might do another GotG tho, depending.

6. slow_jazz

slow_jazz AK Subscriber Subscriber

Saw it today.

Good movie loved the motorcycle - chase.

qdrone likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.