Vent Here About The Postal Service!!!

daza152

Hey guys any of you ever experience the run around by the postal service, or had problems with deliveries? I have for starters having LP's left in the sun, when labelled " Please don't leave in the sun!" left where it can be stolen and today an "attempted Delivery" yeah right. :no: I have been online to have a redelivery and it turns out that being Friday I will have to wait till Monday for them to come at whatever time suits them, unknown to us?? however if I want to pay an extra $5 they will deliver on a Saturday...which tells me yes we will only cater to those who have more money than sense, and why isn't this option available for everyone for FREE.

Tell me your story of how you have lost all respect for the people who are in control of what is in fact our property.....

Phew! that feels much better, had to get that off my chest.

vent on... Well with delivering about 20% of the mail they handled and still have the same number of employees its a wonder anything gets delivered , i can mail something halfway across the country in 4 to 5 days but when i mail 100 miles away it takes it a week if it makes it at all...vent off

I hear ya How's this now in the North island of New Zealand all of our mail is sent to another city to be sorted before being directed to our city, so takes much longer to get, I'm talking 6 days average, I mean come on!! which is only a 8 to 9 hour drive away.

A little perspective: the NZ postal system is privatized and is often mentioned in the US when discussions of privatization come up.

Might be some bad luck, or as sregor above says, it may be due to privatisation. I've had 99% good experiences this side of the ditch. US deliveries are two weeks, Canada more like three, and Europe 10-14 days. Japan is about five work days away, while domestic interstate is 2-3.

It helps now that my wife is always home to receive goods. Prior to that I only had one album cop a warp from being left leaning against the wall in the sun (it's since straightened enough after 3 years of tight vertical storage), but this taught me to beware of ordering records in the Summer.

You're justified in having a rant though Daza. I know you're not exactly living in a metropolis and you have made many OS purchases. Better luck in the future.

Actually, I don't believe it is just privatization, my main intentions were to point out not all postal services are the same, some better than others, and to prevent too many generalizations either way. YMMV

I am currently enjoying my neighbor's copy of "Rolling Stone" magazine. :banana: I did put the letter destined for the city 40 miles away, and multiple zip codes, back in the box though.

By and large, my experience with the U.S. Postal Service has been excellent. If I'm buying online, USPS is almost always faster the United Parcel Service. We send and receive hundreds of pieces of mail weekly at my office, and rarely have a problem.

In that AK members reside all around the world, the OP's complaints about the postal service in his own country don't necessarily apply to other peoples' experiences with how mail is delivered in their own.

While chic to bash the postal service, I think of it as a great national treasure here in the U.S! The few times I've had any records or other items arrived damaged, it has been the result of poor packing on the part of the seller. Sadly, the U.S. postal system IMO is unfairly under duress now in this country for reasons I won't get into here. But I think it does a great job!! Thank you, Benjamin Franklin!!

Last edited:
Sunday delivery for free?
Sure, why not. I'm sure an organization that lost billions of dolllars last year can afford to add services that require premium pay w/o any added cost.

I love 21st century economic thought..... :rolleyes:

FWIW, I've shipped thousands of cartons via USPS with one lost and found, a few detained, and only one damaged.
I think that's a damn good track record.

In that AK members reside all around the world, the OP's complaints about the postal service in his own country don't necessarily apply to other peoples' experiences with how mail is delivered in their own.

While chic to bash the postal service, I think of it as a great national treasure here in the U.S! The few times I've had any records or other items arrived damaged, it has been the result of poor packing on the part of the seller. Sadly, the U.S. postal system IMO is unfairly under duress now in this country for reasons I won't get into here. But I think it does a great job!! Thank you, Benjamin Franklin!!

+! :thmbsp:. 40% of the world's mail is delivered here in the U.S. If you visit a processing facility, you would be amazed at the volume of mail that goes through the system every day. I'm sure each country has it's own problems with the mail. If you are having a problem with mail delivery, your best bet is to talk to your carrier and express your concerns.

There are some occasional aggravation with the postal service.
I have a lot of horror stories.
I am in the middle of one now.
But, credit where credit is due.
Visiting nearly every single residence and business in the US 5-6 times a week, is pretty amazing.
The volume of material handled every day is pretty astounding too.

But there are times you'd just love to strangle someone.

My carrier picks up a letter from my box here in Piney Flats addressed to a person in Bristol, 18 miles from here. The letter goes to Knoxville to be sorted (90 miles from here) and then back to Bristol. Makes perfect sense to me!:scratch2::no:

My carrier picks up a letter from my box here in Piney Flats addressed to a person in Bristol, 18 miles from here. The letter goes to Knoxville to be sorted (90 miles from here) and then back to Bristol. Makes perfect sense to me!:scratch2::no:

Due to a drop in mail volume and budget problems, the post office has closed processing facilities or merged them with other plants. It has created longer distances for the mail to go to be sorted. I don't agree with this decision at all. Cost cutting could be accomplished without delaying mail.

i shipped a mcintosh c28 recently. they can't find it, i get the answer " i don't know what to tell you". i am done with them

I've had a few run-ins with the usps. I've had completely demolished packages (including records) straight up delivered with a smile on their face :no:

Several times I've also paid for 2 day shipping and then it takes over a week to reach me.

I had two important pricey parcels that were said to have left a notice...they did not for either. My tracking info said they'd be at my local post office. Neither were. I gave the employee there my two tracking numbers. THEY didn't know where they were...:sigh:

I politely called USPS customer service to voice my complaint and even tho I know I can have a short fuse, I kept my patience. The first gentleman I spoke with pretty much told me "tough sh!t" and hurried me up off the phone and hung up on me mid sentence...:gigglemad

I called back immediately to get a lady and explained my situation and the rudeness of the previous employee. "You can check the recording from the previous call. Didn't raise my voice once or swear" . They lady politely took care of it and set me up with consumer affairs to further explain to them what was going on...

So yeah....not a fan.

Haven't had a problem since.

Well at least most of you have a mailman.They are eliminating the carriers up here.A lot of mail is stolen now at the boxes, even stealing the entire huge boxes bolted to the ground!This is also after Canada Post is having huge profit quarters.

I live in Southern California. If I order an item in say San Francisco on a Monday morning I often get it Tuesday. I ordered a tube amp once and got it the next day.
Sounds like a lot of whining about what could at best be described as a "First-World" experience. I mean tracking comes with it now.

Nm copy of Neil Young's-Tonights the night Lp leaning up against my garage door(i guess they thought i would run over it) the box was destroyed!!!! And when i shook the box i could hear pieces of vinyl Rattling around in the box.

Back
Top Bottom