Very bright .....

Drayton

I've just introduced some new components and the sound I'm getting is very bright. Not so much at lower volume but cranked up a bit, I have to turn down the treble.
I have a set of jbl 4671ok s that I've been powering with a luxman r115. The turntable is a technics sl q303 with an at95e cartridge.
I recently swapped out the luxman for a Sony str Gx10es and the cartridge for an at120eb.
When I turn the treble down it sounds great and I'm not opposed to doing that, I'm just curious if anyone else has found any of these components to be overly bright, or is it that the luxman and the at95e are a darker sound. TIA

If your AT120eb stylus is new it may change tone as it breaks in. Not familiar with that one. My AT440mla changed tone slowly over first 50+ records. It was quite sharp or piercing to start.

If your AT120 eb is new it may change tone as it breaks in. Not familiar with that one. My AT440mla changed tone slowly over first 50+ records. It was quite sharp or piercing to start.
That may be the culprit. It's only got around 10 hrs on it. Thx

I did not like my AT440 at the start. Glad I gave it a chance. I've heard a lot of people like the 120. Hope I'm right. But, No expert here.

JBL 4671's have been discussed here in the past. I'd suggest they're capable of resolution far greater than the electronics being used. That's where I'd spend the next effort.

Power requirements would be based on room size and how loud you tend to run them.

Cheers,

David
Not sure I'm picking up what you're putting down. Are you suggesting upgrade components or that the electronics in the speakers get worked on ? Thx

The phono cartridge, along with the speakers, by virtue of them being transducers, have the most effect on the sound. I'd lay odds on it being the voicing of the cartridge.

Back
Top Bottom