Very expensive looking speakers for $125 (Korean made?)

Could be. But these look much better than the white van speakers floating around here...maybe the pictures are playing tricks on me...

If they were closer I would offer $100. Don't think they could take the place of the ADS L1290 II or the RSL Elans, but it would be something to do.
Any way, Slowpat probably has them in his living room by now.:D

Rob

The tweeters look like polycarbonate (not mylar), but there were probably similar (or identical) speakers sold with the Sherwood nameplate (since Inkel is the owner of the Sherwood name, and has been since at least the early 1980s). I doubt I'd pay $125 for them but they might be worth $25-$50 if nothing else was available in the area.

If they were closer I would offer $100. Don't think they could take the place of the ADS L1290 II or the RSL Elans, but it would be something to do.
Any way, Slowpat probably has them in his living room by now.:D

Rob

So how do they sound Slowpat? :D

LOL...I did look up the seller’s number and about to text, and found out that this guy has flaked on me a few times previously, so I passed... :)

A few months ago someone in the building I live in abandoned a pair of Inkel bookshelf speakers. They were Asians so I assumed the speakers came with them when they immigrated. Light wood finish as depicted in the first post but style and size resembled Bose 301's. There were 4 drivers in the box - 8" woofer to a 1 1/2" cone tweeter.

There was temptation to claim them but after 5 seconds thought, I left them where they were.

Traditionally I associated Inkel with cheap PA equipment. Obviously they have a presence in home audio as well.

So is this a second pair, or is the first pair being flipped?

Rob

You know...it's weird. I'm 99.9% sure it's the same guy...so the speakers did not sell at $125, so he jacked up the price to $245. Maybe to allow someone to make a 50% off offer. :)

If he's reading this thread, I want the seller to know that he has flaked a few times on the stuff I have listed...

Back
Top Bottom