Vibrations and smearing.

I'm liking the IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R, I've ordered 2 small pair for my small Salk's, the Furman power conditioner that Slipper's on has looks like a good possibility for my needs, is that the Elite-15PFi?

Yes sir! The Elite 15PFi.

Cool! Whats the gear that gets that good power? One thing to listen for...transient response! The Furman stores power for those passages that are short, fast, dynamic and changes direction. You can also test how good your speakers are as well because during a fast dynamic passage. The speakers have to be able to stop and move with the energy. You should be able to notice how fast some of those passages are.

Oh...I see you got the Modwright LS-100! Congrats! And oh...you should have some fun with it....you should notice the fast passages as well.

I'm liking the IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R, I've ordered 2 small pair for my small Salk's, the Furman power conditioner that Slipper's on has looks like a good possibility for my needs, is that the Elite-15PFi?

I love Salk's! Which pair do you have! very much a top notch speaker that doesnt get the credit! I also like AVA!

I love Salk's! Which pair do you have! very much a top notch speaker that doesnt get the credit! I also like AVA!

The LS-100 is wonderful. I've been stepping up my system a bit, the Salk's are about a month out, just getting their 2nd sealer coat of 4. I'm getting a pair of WOW1's, a third WOW1 for center channel use and a Rythmik/Salk subwoofer all in Fiddleback walnut. I have a small space and these should fill my 15x15 room nicely.

Amp is a MC7270, I use a Oppo 105 for most of my music needs via CD's, SACD's, flash drive lossless or hi rez lossless supplied from a Mac mini. A little bit of vinyl from a pro ject debut carbon with acrylic platter and a speed box with Ortofon 2M Bronze.

Sounds great! The Modwright is a very nice piece! You should tweak it best you can to get the very best performance whatsoever out of it.

Dont forget to post pics as well when those WoW1's come in.

Slippers, I was thinking the whole light tube deal on the furman was sort of silly, that was before I placed it on my album crates... Genius!

Slippers, I was thinking the whole light tube deal on the furman was sort of silly, that was before I placed it on my album crates... Genius!

Oh...it does have a good use if one needs the light. It's a great option. I agree it's genius. As you see in my pictures I have the Furman on the bottom as I really don't need the light, so I dim it as I don't need it.

So what you thinking about the Furman?

Oh...it does have a good use if one needs the light. It's a great option. I agree it's genius. As you see in my pictures I have the Furman on the bottom as I really don't need the light, so I dim it as I don't need it.

So what you thinking about the Furman?

Too soon to render a review, Looks like a fine unit, system is quiet, but it was before. I'll post something up down the road.

Looking forward to it. I knew right away, it was heads and shoulders from what I had been using. Seems to store up power for those tough passages that require it. But I didint know before the Furman, but after installing it, I was amazed at the speed and extra dynamics . what power cords are you using? Dont know if you are a believer, but they do factor in the dynamics.

Last edited:
Well, I'm sitting here listening to some 2 channel while the wife is away, the Beatles Abbey Road, the latest remastered CD version and I'm blown away.

Now I'm guilty of not only changing from RCA's to XLR interconnects on my Oppo, installing the Furman and adding the isoacoustics base's and switching stands but something is going on here and I like where it's going! I am sensing some extra dynamics, and all this with just some Audioengine P4's. I may go over the edge when the Salk's arrive!

x3Quvy.jpg

Yes Sir! Its the Furman. What most of us don't understand...some of our high powered amps are starved for power. Devices such as the Furman are supplying the extra/better/cleaner power that we never understood we needed up until now....thus greater dynamics and transient response.

So, a friend sent my some component footers to play with... I currently use some largeish 30 duro sorbothane hemispheres on my preamp and my Sony HAP-Z1ES comes with pretty nice footers and a very nice rigid chassis... the whole thing weighs in around 35 lbs! So, I did a lot of the testing on the Sony.

There were a few different footers... large sorbothane pads, the cork-sandwich pads often used in industrial fan installs, Synergistic Research MIGs, some other carbon-fiber spike-like things and a couple of Herbie's Audio Lab iso-balls/cups:

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/compfeet.htm

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/special.htm

The balls I got were frosted acrylic with both clear and black bases. Most of the other footers sounded worse than what comes stock on the Sony, which I expected as Sony's engineering is pretty good, especially on an ES component. The Herbie's were better though and made the same kind of difference used on my preamp. The units in the first link are for amps and are a little different, I will order them for my amp soon since the others seemed to be very effective. My amp currently uses large, 1 lb brass spikes which I have not removed to test other footers, but I'd be willing to bet the Herbie's iso-cups will be a better solution.

WOW! Man oh man! Those look tasty!.....SEXY, I must say! And that sub! WOW! I know you are just happy as can be! What wood is that? Congrats man, those babies really look nice...and me knowing the SALKSOUND Signature as I do, I know they sound sublime!

Keep me posted please!

Back
Top Bottom