Victor Talking Machine Stolen

fredh

My Vic II Serial number 5815A with the spear point horn was stolen from my home in Corpus Christi, Texas. Several other items including a rare De Forest Audion in the original box and a Zenith Golden Triangle clock radio. Here is a link to a page on my web site with some pictures.
http://www.pakratz.com/theft.html
If you hear of any of these being sold please contact the police and me at fredh@pakratz.com.
It is possible that these will be taken to San Antonio or Houston.
My main concern is for the Talking Machine. It belonged to my great grand parents. :-(
Thanks everyone.
Fred

I hate to say this, but you need to run down through a short list of your family and friends--no one else would know what you had, what they are worth, and where you lived--this sounds "targeted" and they knew what they wanted--I know it is sick and upsetting, but I have a friend that had an extensive gun collection that was stolen by his heroin addicted grandson--strange times make for strange situations.

We know my son was involved but he is not cooperating with the police. We don't know where it when but we also know there were other "bad" people who were involved. Problem is getting search warrants with no firm information. A real bitch of a situation.

I'm sorry to hear about your possessions being stolen. I hope that they come back to you and in the same condition.

I'll keep my eyes peeled up this way, I sure as hell hope they catch the asswipes who took your things. I also hope you get them back unscathed.

Olds Parisien saxophone, had since 6th grade, stolen.

Charvel Jackson guitar (early run from the 80's) - Also stolen.

1996 Ford Ranger xtended cab, red, with Cragar wheels - set on fire by a guy who wished to make his house fire (happened 5 minutes after the fire dept put out my truck) look like random arson. The only vehicle I've ever owned that was new off the lot. Oh, and Mr. Insurance-wire-got-hot? He got away with it.

So I know what you're going thru. My sincere sympathies for you, and with hope that it returns.

The Talking Machine and several other things that were stolen were returned this morning. A loud knock on the door and by the time I opened it there was no one there. Everything is in undamaged condition. The local police detectives were really putting the heat on the people involved so I guess they are trying to minimize the fallout. Only thing still missing is a New Old Stock De Forest Audion. Sad to loose that but it's nothing compared to my great grand parents Talking Machine. Perhaps that too can be recovered. Thanks to all who responded to my post here.

I'm happy to hear you've recovered some of your property. Hopefully you'll have it all back soon.

It breaks your heart when a suspect is a family member. I have had to deal with an unfortunate situation with a family member and my late Fathers coin collection. Even if the items are recovered, or in my situation, the collection was not recovered, a trust was broken, that, may never be recovered.

Perhaps your relative has learned a hard lesson the hard way, and I also am glad that you got your heirloom back.

Part of the enjoyment of having collections and rare things is to be able to share them with others. I'm sure it would really suck to have to secure them in a vault every time you left the house.

Sorry about your experience - - -

One thing I learned from law enforcement when I lost a bunch of stuff years ago was to have a record of serial numbers in a safe place somewhere and/or to engrave an ID number on valuables and have photos. This greatly assists in getting stuff back. Sometimes stolen items are found in a warehouse of many, many items as part of a large bust and it is difficult to prove ownership. Simple measures, but few of us think of it until something like this happens.

Back
Top Bottom