[Video] 165mph Car Chase!

That's an OLD OLD OLD video... like well over 10 years.. seen it hundreds of times on TV it seems..

Interesting top speed of a Helio like a Bell ranger is under 140mph. Yet a news crew copter was pacing the vette?

Interesting top speed of a Helio like a Bell ranger is under 140mph. Yet a news crew copter was pacing the vette?
Tailwind? Shallow dive/descent?

While maybe outgunned in level flight top speed, the jetranger has other advantages over a wheeled vehicle confined to the paved road.:yes:

Of course had the operator of the vette been as skilled as the chopper pilot, the outcome might have been much different.

Last edited:
Tailwind? Shallow dive/descent?

While maybe outgunned in level flight top speed, the jetranger has other advantages over a wheeled vehicle confined to the paved road.:yes:

Of course had the operator of the vette been as skilled as the chopper pilot, the outcome might have been much different.

Yes all true but the chopper was pacing the car. My point is I don't think the car was doing anywhere near 165mph during the video clip we watched. Having driven at 145mph myself many times nothing was moving past the car fast enough. The trucks were almost stopped when he hit them. NO way was he doing 165 just prior to that. At some point along the chase he might have been going that fast but not on this video.

Last edited:
Yes all true but the chopper was pacing the car. My point is I don't think the car was doing anywhere near 165mph during the video clip we watched. Having driven at 145mph myself many times nothing was moving past the car fast enough. The trucks were almost stopped when he hit them. NO way was he doing 165 just prior to that. At some point along the chase he might have been going that fast but not on this video.
Gotcha, and i totally agree with you. Too much car and driver left for a crash at over 100.

Back
Top Bottom