Video Ads result in BIG BLACK BOX!

SimplySound

Kent Engineering & Fondry
Subscriber
Why all the flash and advertising AK??? I know you need to maintain some level of advertising to support the site, but the new "Video Ads" down in the right hand corner are real BS. They slow down the load of the page and if you try to click the "X" to cancel them, a huge black box obscures the page and you have to close it.

Just STOP already with the advertising!!! :no:

You folks really pssied me off with the AdChoices for Romney and now we have to deal with this? You folks are ruining a great site! :tears:

Why all the flash and advertising AK??? I know you need to maintain some level of advertising to support the site, but the new "Video Ads" down in the right hand corner are real BS. They slow down the load of the page and if you try to click the "X" to cancel them, a huge black box obscures the page and you have to close it.

You folks really pssied me off with the AdChoices for Romney and now we have to deal with this? You folks are ruining a great site! :tears:

I never seen any video ads here... You may have malware...

We don't have video ads.

As for the Romney ads, or any other content on GoogleAds (adchoices), we don't pick any of that. What appears on an individual computer is selected by Google, based on tracking cookies, adware, on your computer. So, if you were getting Romney ads, either you had been to a Romney site, or Google was being paid to push Romney, to someone who had been to the competition.

We don't have video ads.

As for the Romney ads, or any other content on GoogleAds (adchoices), we don't pick any of that. What appears on an individual computer is selected by Google, based on tracking cookies, adware, on your computer. So, if you were getting Romney ads, either you had been to a Romney site, or Google was being paid to push Romney, to someone who had been to the competition.

OK... so I'll say I'm sorry for "going off", check my cookies and run MalwareBytes! ...and yeah, I guess I should become a "Subscriber"!

I am not getting any of those blocking type ads - there is a banner ad between the menu bar at the top and the large section with the messages and posts. There is a small banner ad below all the messages that I never really see unless I scroll ALL the way down - then at the very bottom is a full width box that has a bunch of smaller banner ads for the sponsors of the site - again - I have to scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN to see them.

Are you sure you don't have some kind of ad "virus" or script running on your computer that's loading other ads instead of the ads we see??

Back when I had a PC (Mac now) I ran software called AdAware that found and blocked extra junk like that from my machine. It was VERY helpful.

Back when I had a PC (Mac now) I ran software called AdAware that found and blocked extra junk like that from my machine. It was VERY helpful.

Thanks Heather, I have run AdAware in the past and maybe that's just what I need! :yes:

What's kinda weird about this is it only happens on AK? :scratch2: I will go over my machine toinight and see if I can get it to stop... thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Download MalwareBytes and clean up your machine.

Thanks everyone! And again, I must appologize for being over the top!

MalwareBytes found 42 Malicious Adware Programs. I guess I don't keep my box as clean as I thought.

All better now... :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom