Video projector bulbs?

hypertone

Keepin' it Analog
I've got a silly question. I have a lamp for an Epson projector. It looks new. I'm not sure what type of bulb it actually is. It has a label on the box saying it contains mercury, so I'm thinking mercury vapor, maybe HID? I have no way to test it. I tested with a multimeter and the terminals read wide open. Is it garbage, or could it operate at such a high voltage that it just reads open? I'd like to sell it for a few bucks, but I don't want to sell a piece of junk.

Most use a ballast and operate at high voltages, takes a surge to ignite and start current flow would most likely show open with the puny voltage a dvm puts out.

I know I sold a used bulb last month and the person said that they could get just the bulb to put in the old assembly for a fraction of the cost of a whole new bulb. Anyone have any information on how and where you get them?

CRT all the way. 10,000 hours or so on mine (a guess) and no replacement bulbs. :rockon:

Can't you buy 20 more bulbs for the cost difference between the two types of projectors though?

Yeah, you could buy a whole lot of bulbs for the price difference. Considering I payed $60 for mine. :D

Actually, you can get a very nice CRT projector for $600 no problem. You can get lower end ones all the way down to $100 or so (or get lucky like me). The only problem is they don't really make them any more so you are forced to buy used.

Back
Top Bottom