Vincent pho-700 phono pre! Does anyone own one?

Everything under the sun...lol. At the moment a pair of RCA 5751 black plates and a pair of JAN 6189's. I'm happy with it. How about you?
I'm using NOS Tungsram and Gold Lion in the SA-T1 and NOS Valvo with some NOS Russian tubes the power amp. Sound is glorious! Before the Tungsram I had NOS Telefunken and before that, NOS Mullards....which made the sound to warm.

He's tried mullard,ge,rca none have changed it much from the junk ass Chinese tube it came with stock!
bro.....your friend got a straight up lemon. Count the loses and be done with it. I've been in this hobby from the 70's....it happens to all of us. It hurts but it happens. Back in the 90's I cried like a baby over my Pioneer reel to reel getting stolen... Every time I think about it, it steel hurts. Lots of money down the drain.

I'd honestly wonder if the tubes are even doing anything. Would be interesting to have a tech look at the board inside. Like I said, they had a very expensive CD player with tubes doing nothing but a light show, fake brand name capacitors, etc. inside. Who knows what is really going on in the thing.

Hey, I found the link:

http://lampizator.eu/LAMPIZATOR/REFERENCES/Vincent/Vincent CD-S6 CD player upgrade.html
After reading that some years ago, I wrote Vincent about it.....they said they indeed got a hold of some fake caps by mistake. They still make that CD player.

The Manley is $2500. The Rogue is $2700. That is insane. There is no need to pay that ridiculous kind of money for a phono stage.

I've owned both and they are each fantastic phono preamps. Worth every penny if you have the supporting gear to keep up with them. Ridiculous money is relative. There are much more expensive options; however, IMO it takes a lot to better the performance of either the Rogue or Manley. Buy them once and be done for as long as you like. Or a person could throw money down a rat hole by buying Vincent or other made in China components.

I've owned both and they are each fantastic phono preamps. Worth every penny if you have the supporting gear to keep up with them. Ridiculous money is relative. There are much more expensive options; however, IMO it takes a lot to better the performance of either the Rogue or Manley. Buy them once and be done for as long as you like. Or a person could throw money down a rat hole by buying Vincent or other made in China components.
Vincent is made in Germany for last few years....but China continues to make nice gear as well.

A couple of sharks are smelling blood in the water so I guess that anything "Made in China" is absolute s#!$ :rolleyes:.

A couple of sharks are smelling blood in the water so I guess that anything "Made in China" is absolute s#!$ :rolleyes:.
Sssshhhhhhh....not so loud. Don't tell them where their tv's, kitchen appliances....smart phones...computers and other various things around their homes are made.:smoke:

Sssshhhhhhh....not so loud. Don't tell them where their tv's, kitchen appliances....smart phones...computers and other various things around their homes are made.:smoke:

I'll be concerned about that the day I spend 5 or 10 grand on a smart phone or appliance.

Concerning hifi components and where they are made, I'm just calling it like I see it based on personal experiences.

Snobbery goes both ways.....:banana:

Last edited:
Ahhhh...sounds like the way you see it is a narrow view. Basing a personal narrow view on all of China manufactured views is...well narrow. And besides...smart phones as well as appliances and other China made goods cost hundreds and reach into the thousands. And American made goods are just as faulty. Let's not pretend. The Market for goods is world wide now...not just America.

Back
Top Bottom