Vintage 1980`s Denon/Kef system

Who makes your speaker stands? They match your equipment racks, nice touch.

Hi Mudslide got the stands off that well known auction site...After trying for months to find some original kef trumpet stands. got some isolation pads under the cabs so no vibration thru to the stands

So guys and gals. Was thinking of upgrading speakers but not sure what to get.
Was thinking perhaps kef c80, concerto2. Would love some 104/2 but fear they would be overkill in my front room. Any ideas would be nice. Many thanks

So guys and gals. Was thinking of upgrading speakers but not sure what to get.
Was thinking perhaps kef c80, concerto2. Would love some 104/2 but fear they would be overkill in my front room. Any ideas would be nice. Many thanks
That's preposterous! I've never heard that term used for stereo before. No such thing! ;)

It might make you more like the Maxell guy though...and don't most of us want to be that guy?

Quick update took the plunge and grabbed a lovely pair of Kef 103/3`s with kube and dedicated stands.
They were serviced 2 years ago new Donuts, ferroid fluid, crossover caps,
paid £160. got them home set them and the kube up via tape monitor slapped on Dark Side of the Moon.
One word Wow and Wow. Blew the Concord`s into the bedroom system and the Celeste iv`s on to Ebay
my these beauties do sing, it felt like I was in the studio with the guys.
If a pair come up buy them your ears will thank you
time for Wish you were here.......lol

Last edited:
Another thumbs up for the Kef 103/3`s. :thumbsup:

Also good to read that they came with the kube. Most of the ads for the 103/3 state its missing.

Quick question guys although the pma 520 drives the speakers very nicely, it does get quite warm.
So thinking and upgrade needed
Have looked at a few candidates via feepay
They are,
pioneer a656
Denon pma 1500
Audiolab 8000a
Denon pma 720
What you guys think?
Other ideas welcome but need 4ohm and mc input

well bid and won the pma 720 just waiting for its arrival.
Guess what a pma 400 dual mono block on the bay now, well I gotta bid on the baby....lol

well the pma 720 arrived wrapped in bubble wrap and a black bin liner."I wasnt hopefull"
Sure enough monitor, source and volume control damaged (well hanging off) so it's going straight back for a refund.
How the guy can think it would arrive intact packed like that.
On a positive note still going for the pma 400​

Attachments

• IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 15
Well I won the pma 400 just waiting for it to arrive it looks superb
dual mono block 85 w at 4 ohm
so should make the 103/3`s sing
heres a pic or 2
will post some under the hood when she arrives
just need to find a tu 300 tuner
pma 400.jpg pma4002.jpg pma4003.jpg