Vintage Amp & AV Reciever Question

Gingybread

I have a Vintage Pioneer Amp for my Music. Want a Yamaha AV reciever for Movies and entertainment. I have two pairs of speakers (1 bookshelf, 1 standing). Found out how to share the speakers between the Amp and AV. Using two Russounds AB 2.2 ( need two because only one AB 2.2 allows only 1 pair of speakers). I can select which amp the speakers are connected to. I like to play video games and listen to music but I don’t want have Bluetooth speaker so hears my 2 questions. While having the AB 2.2 selected to the Pioneer for music can I have my Yamaha ON and play video games. And if yes, can I have one of the center speakers hooked up to the Yamaha so I got the music coming out the 2 pairs from the pioneer and I got my video game audio coming out the center speakers from my Yamaha? I know this is a lot but i really like my pioneer and don’t want to give it. Get what I’m saying.

Why don't you simply have a stereo system with the Pioneer for music - and a separate HT system with the Yamaha and 3 speakers for gaming/tv/movies?

Try this - hook up the video game to the Yamaha and set the sound program to "movie mono". Does that give you sound through the yamaha center speaker? If so you are good to go since the Yamaha doesn't care if the left and right speakers are plugged in.

Of course you need a 5th speaker for the center channel....

Back
Top Bottom