Votes: 35 11.5%
  • furniture/pens/watches/jewelery/etc.

Votes: 49 16.1%
  • other - please specify in the thread

Votes: 96 31.6%

• Total voters
Antiques, Guns, Coins, Old paper currency, old toys and old Tube radios
Probably would collect lint if I knew it would go up in value:D

Mechanical things intrigue me and I have picked up a couple of early electric sewing machines. 1 of them is an Edison and the other is the first Singer Model that had an electric motor. The Edison appears to precede the Singer by a good 20 years.:smoke::smoke::smoke:

I started picking up the odd old department store catalogue, mainly Eaton's and Simpson's. They were two chain stores that ruled the market here in Canada for a loooong time.

Both gone now, of course.

I used them to date and price my old radio collection but they have taken on somewhat of a life of their own as collectibles for me now.

Definitely into older mechanical watches... I also look for older science textbooks (of any level), and for some reason, vintage suitcases. Well, they do come in handy for carrying vintage electronics when fitted with foam...

Definitely into older mechanical watches... I also look for older science textbooks (of any level), and for some reason, vintage suitcases. Well, they do come in handy for carrying vintage electronics when fitted with foam...

Hmmmm...does a 1961 Samsonite qualify as vintage :D

This comes out when the snow starts to fly

Antique Slot Car collecting and racing. It's gotten to be the expensive hobby compared to my audio hobby. It helps keep me young!

Last edited:
Photos, old pictures of people , farms , equipment, families pictures of who ever, only interested in north American photos

Hate cars and payments, so bought a 1997 Saturn new. Changed oil every 1,000 miles, every mechanic I go to wants to but it. But buying a new one soon only for ease of entry/exit. Will hate writing that check.

Only newer thing I like is my live-in female the past 4 years.

She's 26, I'm 55. Better performance and specs than a vintage model with fewer vintage type problems.

I love vintage automobiles, but cannot afford them. I like vintage books, coins, stamps, movies, TV shows and old computers.

I love vintage automobiles, but cannot afford them. I like vintage ... computers.

curta.jpg

My 3 top collections are:

A) audio/video from the late 70s to early90s.
B) Collecting modern firearms from mid 70s to current
C) Scale plastic models kits... I'ma history buff!

Been a motorhead all my life.....I have a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T sitting in the barn that I swear I'll get to someday :) I Love old Honda's & Kawi's from the mid-late seventies....I had a 78' Z-1R 1000 back in my younger days....wow! I collect old hunting rifles from the 60's & 70's too.....

I don't collect anyting, but next to audio I'm into house renovation.. More than I want to.. that's what you get when you want the 'style' and history an old house has..

You collect Curtas, I have a large collection of vintage electronic calculators from '67 through the '70's. All display types represented... nixies, LED, fluorescent (itrons, box-8 tubes, panels), neon, and early LCD (reflection numerals). Probably number, in total, about 200 unique examples from most manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom