1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Vintage Audio Shops in Denver?

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by howardtheduc, Sep 14, 2018.

1. howardtheduc

howardtheduc AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm going to be in Denver on and off for a month starting next week. Any recommends on places that repair and sell Vintage ? Any not recommends? Thanks!

sanford12 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. sanford12

sanford12 Old Stuff New Stuff As long as it's Good Stuff Subscriber

Can't help with vintage audio but if you want to see some great audio equipment the Denver Audio show is the 5th to 7th. Best systems I've ever heard. Truely amazing stuff. Every audio fan ought to see it once.

3. howardtheduc

Niiiccceeee!

4. gtv2000

gtv2000 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Gold Sound in Englewood. Owner is a little eccentric, but they have a lot of vintage stuff. (At least they did three years ago when I moved away)

Bahamayellow likes this.
  5. howardtheduc

I was reading about them on Yelp yesterday. I do think I will visit!

6. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

Listen Up used to be the place to shop in Denver. But their emphasis was always on trying to sell the best. I didn't always agree on their choices, but they have been very successful.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. rickb119

rickb119 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I can think of several more adjectives to describe the owner :crazy:. Went in once looking for KEF speakers and spent 10 minutes listening to him tell me what's wrong with them. If he would have had what I was looking for, I'm sure the story would have been different. He does have a lot of very nice equipment in there though. Bring a flashlight. Not the best lit place I've been in.

Another one to check out is Electric City Repair in Westminster. More eclectic than eccentric.

gtv2000 likes this.