Vintage CD Players?

Got 2 today!!1st to arrive is a technics slp3,havent listened to it yet,and the 2nd was a revox c221-which,to be frank is dissapointing!!Ive been using a Meridian 206 previously,and it just sounds a lot better!!
Anyone know where i can get a remote for the technics?????
Its in great shape,and came with sl220 turnatble,amonst many other things!

My first was a Fisher then a dbx DX-5 and the first CD to go with it was Supertramp-Brother where you bound. The dbx still works perfect today.
c-ya
ToddG

I have an Onkyo DX-7500 CDP that is acting up. The drawer needs help to retract and it will no longer auto play - no big issues deal with but what's next to go?? I bought it new in 1989 over a Sony 707ES. It's been a great piece of equipment, but it's time to find a replacement. Right now I'm kinda stuck on the Rega Apollo, but hate to pay full retail. If anyone knows a shop that sells Rega for less than retail, please let me know. I'm in SE Ohio but spend a fair amount of time in Ocala Florida.

I have a Denon DCD-3560 in MINT working condition with spare laser and belts. I love it!
attachment.php

Last edited:
Got 2 today!!1st to arrive is a technics slp3,havent listened to it yet,and the 2nd was a revox c221-which,to be frank is dissapointing!!Ive been using a Meridian 206 previously,and it just sounds a lot better!!
Anyone know where i can get a remote for the technics?????
Its in great shape,and came with sl220 turnatble,amonst many other things!

You can try this website http://www.remotes.com/?gclid=CLOt5pfo75ACFQiaPAodORjz3A

I got a Magnavox remote for my brother's CD changer on here. Works great.

My CD is a Sony CDP-C50 five disk changer. I bought it at Musicraft in 1984 for $249.00. Still works, but the door sometimes sticks. It plays CD-R disks that I burn on my computer.

I would love to get one of those heavy vintage 80's CD players. I used to own a Sanyo Dad 8 player, but the laser went out on it.

I been disappointed with my CD's that I play in the car. Even if it gets a small smudge on the disk, it will just stutter. I would like to switch back to cassettes.

Hi,

I use an old JVC XL-Z 444. It's also Mod Squad modded. Sounds superb and was purchased for $6 at the Habitat Thrift Store. My office CDP is a ReVox B 225. Built like a Tank and sounds superb. Very revealing of source material and what equipment it's connected. It has over 30,000 hours use on it. It recently got a new laser and I have NOS spares. My JVC is now a spare. I now have a Magnavox FD 1010SL player. A top loader built in 1983. CDM-0 transport (The best Philips ever made). Made in Holland. Plays superbly and even handles CD-R discs fine.

Good morning,

Do you know the kenwood dp 1100 sg i think is a best one but difficult to find, you can look it in a frech "site" the vintage corner.
Cordialement
Philippe

I have a Philips CD 921 that works fine, has a volume control & remote. I've read it is the same as some Marantz single disc model, don't know which. I'm thinking of trying it as a transport through a modern DAC. Any thoughts?

Good evening from Paris,
I just bought for 90€ a kenwood dp 1100 sg, for me it's very nice cd player, but i have not the original owner manual.
Could you help me?
Thanks

Bonsoir de Paris,
Je viens juste d'acheter pour 90€ une platine cd kenwood dp 1100 sg, à mon goût c'est un très bon lecteur, mais je n'ai pas le manuel original.
Pouvez vous m'aider ?
Cordialement
Philippe
Edit/Delete Message

Great "vintage" CD Players

I have had a NAD CD Player that worked for a little while and then skipped like a 6 year old on rope. I have a Marantz Legacy 4272 in gold which dates from 1989 and which sounds very good and looks new even to today, just not great sounding tho. Have a 200 disc Sony CD changer and a 300 disc DVD/SACD/CD changer from Sony as well . . . sound is average, but they are big and ugly black appliances (what was I thinking???):sigh:.

:banana:My prize is a Sherwood Newcastle 980T CD Player with dual hand selected Burr Brown DAC's whose sound is reported to be better than many top name CD Players costing much more than the $179.00 I paid for a NOS unit. Just won on the 'Bay, and can't wait to get it and hook it up to my tube integrated.

Sherwood's Newcastle line is very high end and always seems to get great reviews in the A/V magazines. Don't discount them. The CD 980T is especially well regarded, go to audioreview and check out the reviews from listeners like us.:thmbsp:

Cheers

Kyocera DA-01 & Nakamichi DRAGON-CD/DAC

Hey all,

Recent member here and first post, but longtime forum lurker! I see many folks have some Kyocera units still in their racks. I’ll add one of mine to the list, their first model, a 25-year-old Kyocera DA-01 which were also rebadged as the Akai CD-D1 / Tensai TAD-2000 / Micro Seiki CD-M1 / Rotel RCD780 and Phase Linear 9500. It was manufactured in July of 83’ and is a great example of those 1st generation CD Players! Link here at TVK.

KyoceraDA-01-01.jpg

Not quite as old, February of 93’, is a complete Nakamichi DRAGON-CD and optional DAC with both a 100V & 120V PS and remote. I initially found the DRAGON-CD with its own 120V - 12VDC PS with remote here in the States. The odds of me finding the matching DRAGON-DAC were bleak, since only 200 units were ever produced, but got a lead from another forum on one in Japan and jumped on it. It came with an additional 100V - 12VDC PS with remote as part of the deal, which I did not need, but glad to have a spare!

Here are a few family shots of all the components!

DragonComplete-02.jpg

DragonComplete-01.jpg

Dragon-CD-01.jpg

Dragon-DAC-01.jpg

I actually just received the DAC last week and so far, I’ve ended up pushing my newer Marantz DV9600 SACD aside to listen to the Nak! All I can say is that old outdated system sure sounds good to my ears!

Regards,
TB

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom