Vintage European Classic & Sports Cars, GTs

When I was born in 58 my oldman had one of these.He said it was actually a good car considering the times.
th
1952 morris oxford.

The same Enzo that said??
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines.”
The same one that was the inspiration for the birth of Lamborghini lol.

Almost forgot, also the birth of the Ford GT 40, he had a knack for pissing people off.

But all is forgiven when thinking we wouldn't have Ferrari without him.

First time I have ever seen this car!

Since you've touched upon the German Karosseries, here are a couple of mine from Baur in Stuttgart:
(Little known fact that every Porsche 959 was constructed by Baur!)

9ceb2d3d50e6bacc843e48e28f6786b3--bmw-classic-cabrio.jpg

1600-2_cab_g.jpg

Actually, my photo links are tied up in PhotoBucket so these are not my actual cars but similar.

Beautiful cars. You know about the Photobucket fix, right? Works like a charm, at least on my FF browser.
Firefox version: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/
Chrome version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg
Opera version: https://addons.opera.com/es/extensions/details/photobucket-hotlink-fix

It was actually the Classic Stereo threads here that finally made me install it.

We'll see if anyone can guess what it is (answer at bottom if not) -

22179_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

My aunt had a BMW 3.0CSa and eventually sold it to a moderately famous ball player. I got to drive it many times, it was a slug and likely why I got to drive it -

My half sister's dad had one of these, Lambo 400GT, he putted around in it. (Much later he had a 911 Targa w/ Chevy V8 conversion, it screwed.) -

My sister's BF had one of these, De Tomaso Pantera. It was scary (to me then) fast -

A friend's dad had an early Countach and he took me out in it a few times, noisy but cool and everyone looked at you -

The car at the top is an ASA 1000 GT coupe. Whenever I get the "Do you have any regrets?" question, there is the answer.

Actually sort of knew the ASA because it was featured in my favorite magazine, from which I adapted the title of this thread:
Classic & Sports Car

Actually sort of knew the ASA because it was featured in my favorite magazine, from which I adapted the title of this thread:
Classic & Sports Car

It's the only one I've ever seen since. I've never had experience with any of these but since we're in Italy...

Lancia Stratos -

lancia-stratos-buying-guide-and-review-1973-1975-4490_15057_640X470.jpg

Lancia Stradale 037 -

1982-lancia-037-stradale_800x0w.jpg

And one from France or was it GM...? -

c458-rightfront-remote.jpg

Curious who gets on the board first with Lotus , TVR, or Morgan?

@Archguy

It is a prototype, a unikate. But an English manufacturer (Crayford?) built such an Audi 100 convertible (as far as I remember, nine units) and it looked pretty similar to this Karmann version. Of course, all of them were RHD.

Last edited:
1938 Maybach SW38/42 Unikate

Owner is the Brunner-Schwer Family, founder and former owner of SABA audio factory.

This car looks a bit like the Mercedes-Benz 300 series of the early fifties. The design of the car shows us how Maybach cars in the fifties would probably had looked like.

112.jpg

113.jpg

Last edited:
The approval regulations in Germany are extremely strict, so it was a sensation when a Porsche K 917 (Le Mans) got the approval in 1977 and a regular license plate. CW is the abbreviaton of Calw, the town where the car had been registered.

111.png

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

The Nallinger Coupé had been manufactured by Mercedes-Benz in Sindelfingen in 1965. Somebody offered the car in 1997 for 250000 Euros. Today - 21 years later - this would be a bargain...

And here the "grandson": 2011 Maybach 57 Coupé. Both cars have approximately the same size. Sorry Archguy, this car is too new for your thread. But it is interesting to see how car design changed in the last half century...

Some of you may know, by the way, that Maybach and Mercedes are deeply related.

18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom