Vintage film cameras

Stupid caps! n/ai would work on the d3100 id just lose auto focus right?Waiting on flickr to upload 7 pics man is it slow.

went to my camera guy today.speedlight no good for d3100.No problem.He was impressed with the kit,said the fm2 was great buy and the nikon lens was an excellent one,so he,s happy im happy,lol.

I think he's joshing you on his being happy. He's actually sad HE didn't buy them first so he could then sell them to you at a profit.
You can look at that kit as you bought a lens and got a great camera for free OR you bought a great camera and got a lens for free.
Either way, you really made out in my book.

Actually he,s a pretty good guy ive bought enough old stuff from him already this year to put a few tanks of gas in his vintage dart,lol.A lot of times if i have questions about photography he,s guided me through it.I bought my first and second 35mm film cameras from him in the seventies.Were pretty close to the same age i believe ,his was a family business.They use to be the local yamaha stereo dealer back in the day.I use to drool there lots ,lol.Sad that those days are gone.Within 2 blocks there were several hi-fi dealers with all the big brands covered.

Yeh,i apologized once for being such a pain in the butt and he just said thats what he,s there for and never feel that i cant ask him questions.HE,s explained a lot to me most of which i forget right away,lol. Im learning slowly .

IMG_20170811_155631.jpg

I love everything about this photo !
I have a small collection of early `70s Japanese RF cameras, the Hi Matic E is one of my favorites....the distinctive "Bzzzzzzzzzippp" sound of that electronic shutter just cracks me up ! :)

Chicks always has thoughtful compositions on the "What are you listening to now thread", this was a standout.

I have been meaning to introduce myself and post some cameras here. Audio hobby is still fairly new, but I got my first early 1900's 8x10 camera in 1972 to do gum bichromate prints. No matter how much easier 35mm, medium format, and now, digital is, I am still infatuated with early field and swing lens panoramic cameras and 19th century processes.

After years of scrounging around to find affordable high-end cameras, I sold most in the early 2000's out of fear they would be worth nothing due to digital. But cool stuff keeps finding its way into the house, and here are some that display well. (I try to only get cameras that are usable, but who could resist these sub-miniatures?)

A few of these I'll keep forever, but most are just waiting for that "gotta have it" replacement to come along. Some very interesting and occasionally rare things here, but I won't spoil the fun by identifying them now.

Michael

P1010928.JPG P1010929.jpg P1010925.JPG

Back
Top Bottom