Vintage film cameras

Is this what you wanted? Camera works great except for the meter, because previous owner didn't remove the batteries. Not worth fixing, imho, because the Sunny 16 Rule is so easy and always works, plus I have a handheld meter. Pentaprism housing is not dented - it's a reflection from a window.
DSC09806.jpg

A nicely brassed black body, I like it. Too bad about the batteries being left in it. At least it doesn't need the battery to fire the shutter.
Thanks for posting the pic.

Is this what you wanted? Camera works great except for the meter, because previous owner didn't remove the batteries. Not worth fixing, imho, because the Sunny 16 Rule is so easy and always works, plus I have a handheld meter. Pentaprism housing is not dented - it's a reflection from a window.
View attachment 1183674
Have you tried cleaning the battery contacts. I do this with used camera flashes all the time- it works like a champ.

Have you tried cleaning the battery contacts. I do this with used camera flashes all the time- it works like a champ.
Of course. It was the first thing I did after removing the corroded batteries. I figure that I could fix it by removing the bottom plate and cleaning and resoldering the + and - wires. Like I said, I don't care because batteries aren't needed except for the metering circuit. Sunny 16 rules.

Of course. It was the first thing I did after removing the corroded batteries. I figure that I could fix it by removing the bottom plate and cleaning and resoldering the + and - wires. Like I said, I don't care because batteries aren't needed except for the metering circuit. Sunny 16 rules.

Ah, yes.... The joys of having a mechanical film camera - no batteries required!!!

American made in 1940's - still works . Half frame on 35mm film:

R0010306.jpg

R0010307.jpg

R0010308.jpg

R0010309.jpg

I learned photography with my dads Mercury II. 72 shots on a roll you get lots of practice at sunny 16. Pie shutter! Properly adjusted they can give pretty decent results. That strange die cast metal always look a bit worn. I wonder what they looked like new? I cobbled up an enlarger with an old film strip projector.

A friend got it new in its box about 10 years ago. He just wanted the f1.1 lens and hood it came with, so I bought the camera body from him. It is so clean, I have only put a couple of rolls of film through it. The Contax IIA is one of my real workhorses.

A friend got it new in its box about 10 years ago. He just wanted the f1.1 lens and hood it came with, so I bought the camera body from him. It is so clean, I have only put a couple of rolls of film through it. The Contax IIA is one of my real workhorses.

I’ll buy that Nikon off of you...

I have a mint sp and an as new leica iiig in my safe deposit box - visit them periodically to work the shutters.

Back
Top Bottom