Vintage film cameras

There was a time when I had many folders, but after a while I sold off most and just kept 2 favorites - Welta Welturs. Same with the TLRs - just kept a couple that I like the most - see my pics a couple pages back in this thread. Its just too hard to find time to use them all anymore.

IMG_20180916_114737.jpg All the folders I have posted are operable, although some have not been used for years, so I can't be positive about pinholes in the bellows. Can't seem to find my Bessa II with Heliar or my Perkeo II with Color-Skopar. Instead, here's a Ross Ensign Selfix 6 x 6 with a 75mm f4.5 Ensar Anastigmat.

IMG_20180916_123225.jpg Probably my favourite folder. Voigtlander Bessa II with 105mm f3.5 Color-Heliar lens and coupled rangefinder. Instead of front element focus, as with most folders, the front standard moves the entire lens/shutter assembly forward and back to focus.

IMG_20180916_123903.jpg And last folder for today, and my favourite 35mm folder, a like--new Kodak Retina IIA with Schneider Xenon 50mm f2 lens, that was jointly developed by Schneider and Leitz. Basically, a Summicron on a folder. Much more convenient lever wind to my taste compared with the knob wind on earlier Retinas or the base-located lever wind on later Retinas. Also, far better hand balance than later Retinas. One man's opinion - yours may differ.

IMG_20180916_134933.jpg A pair of Minolta rangefinders. In front, a Minolta CLE, interchangable-lens rangefinder with bright lines for 28mm, 40mm and 90mm, jointly developed with Leica and using the same Leica M mount for the lenses. Perhaps my most-used interchangable lens camera and a true delight. This Minolta pioneered the off the film metering system later used by Olympus in the OM SLRS. This one is sporting a Voigtlander 28mm f3.5 Color Skopar lens. Behind it is a Minolta Hi-Matic 7S, with 45mm f1.8 Rokkor lens. A very pleasing camera and has the virtues typical of full-size Japanese rangefinders of the period.

Last edited:
Very nice collection!
I noticed a Vito II on the Goodwill site this morning when I was doing my daily check of it. Thought it looked pretty nice.
Thanks for sharing with us Fleischer. It's always nice to put an image with a name, especially when it comes to old cameras.

Thank you, Old Ears Too. I suppose with all these cameras, I should change my name here to Old Eyes Too. Glad to find some people to share my collection with. Not surprising, as people here see (or hear) the beauty in old things that are not valued by most people. Hope you get that Voigtlander, or, if you don't, try to snag a Vito B, which I think has no peers in its class when it comes to quality.

I won't be bidding on the Vito, I don't shoot film so no need for it. I have enough film cameras sitting around unused as it is.
Having once worked as a machinist, I have a deep appreciation for the workings of these old cameras, and often marvel at what they could do with the, what we would now consider 'primitive', machines of the times.

Edit - Not sure what part of the world you're in Fleischer, but that Vito II would be a twin to your IIa as it has the Color-Skopar 1:3.5/50 on a Prontor shutter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom