Vintage Fords, Lincolns, and Mercurys!!

Was at an outdoor backyard wedding this last weekend and though I don't have any pics I talked to the grooms (good friend of mine) friend and he showed me pics of 2 of his mustangs.1970 428 cj and a 1970 boss 302 ,both mint .I of course will be checking them out at the earliest opp.

Here is my 69 mustang - from 1983 (picture below prior to lowering the rear 2 inches - wish I had that picture)

RyhYFZN.jpg

And my new 2018 Mustang - such a blast to drive.

ONELwTR.jpg

rsAUYXX.jpg

Excellent! What's your MPG on the new GT when you drive it sanely? Regular or is premium gas required?
Thanks. I don't even look. I have the dash set up to show speed in large digits (in addition to the analog gauges) so that I can make sure I'm not speeding. Being a stick also doesn't help much in the mpg game. I believe the auto gets upwards of 25.

The reserve fuel light comes on at a quarter tank which was a huge shock for me. It's a guzzler for sure.

Premium only as the compression ratio is very high at 12:1. I may try e85 if I can find it.

I love it.

Thanks. I don't even look. I have the dash set up to show speed in large digits (in addition to the analog gauges) so that I can make sure I'm not speeding. Being a stick also doesn't help much in the mpg game. I believe the auto gets upwards of 25.

The reserve fuel light comes on at a quarter tank which was a huge shock for me. It's a guzzler for sure.

Premium only as the compression ratio is very high at 12:1. I may try e85 if I can find it.

I love it.

I know it sounds great stock but I'd go with audiophile rated Flowmasters once the warranty expired. :D

I know it sounds great stock but I'd go with audiophile rated Flowmasters once the warranty expired. :D
I'm thinking of getting the Ford Performance XPipe. The exhaust of the car is absolutely beautiful - large mandrel bent pipes with the exception of the large resonator in the middle.

Part of me being 52 says don't mess with it but the kid inside wants headers and an xpipe.

Headers these days are crazy expensive @1500. The hedman headers I put on my 69 were only a couple hundred bucks. Certainly not as beautiful as the headers of today (which as an audiophile look like a lovely brass instrument)

Nice Mustangs! Those new headers for the late model ones must be SS thus the cost. Probably take the heat better which is probably higher with the cat converters.

Nice Mustangs! Those new headers for the late model ones must be SS thus the cost. Probably take the heat better which is probably higher with the cat converters.
Thanks. Yep - they are now very nice quality headers. My Hedman headers were painted - and only to protect them from rust while at the store. They required sandblasting and painting with hi temp paint. For some reason I chose yellow - and my friend joked - chris with is canary yellow headers.

Honestly I'm really beginning to appreciate the value of silent exhaust. Whenever my Towncar needs some exhaust work, it will become quiet again, or at least quiet inside the car. The drone problems it has at certain speeds are annoying. The Continental is whisper quiet, and its really kind of fun being able to drive around with the AC fan being the noisiest thing on the car.

Back
Top Bottom