Vintage Kenwood power amp info

Want to see what a REAL VINTAGE KENWOOD POWER AMPLIFIER looks like?

MVC-011F.jpg

:jawdrop:

Is that yours?

:jawdrop:

Is that yours?

Yes, I bought it as "New Old Stock" when I was the 70's salesguy. Occasionally, our company would close a low-performing store and ship part of the inventory to our store to be liquidated. They would always send the out-of-date models to us, as we were particularly good at selling them.

These low-performing stores would usually have a good number of past years models on hand, as they were not very good at managing their inventory by selling the models that were discontinued before stocking the store with current models. When this unit came in, I had to have it! In addition to getting it for 1/2 of list price, I got my employee discount as well!

I believe that this is a 1971 model. It was sealed in the carton when I bought it in 1973. I used it for a few years to run a second pair of speakers, until such time as I went to running Crown Power Amplifiers. At that point, it went back into the original carton and is currently in the 70salesguy Museum of Modern Electronics. ;)

I have owned an 8006 for 25 years or so still in great condition 80 watts per side and the builld quality is top notch. It's on my never sell list.

Back
Top Bottom