Vintage Koss pro 4aa specs.....

Discussion in 'Headphones' started by jameselmer66, Sep 14, 2018 at 8:09 AM.

1. jameselmer66

jameselmer66 Active Member

I've looked everywhere that I know for the spec sheet for '70's built Koss pro 4aa headphones. If anyone might have that info or could point me in the direction to find it. I would appreciate very much. I've acquired a pair and like the sound so far. Pretty darn heavy and clunky but not too uncomfortable. I have found that these cans do not like mediocre or bad mastered CD's or vinyl. I listened to a Phil Collins CD which the mastering was of so-so quality. And they sounded terrible. But I played Dave Mathews Band, Crash CD and Wow! Very nice indeed. Nice tight bass and smooth mids to nice highs. I am pleased. But I would really like to have the specs. Thanks

Please register to disable this ad.

2. nitrous

nitrous 96 dB freak!

This info is from the insert which came with my set of Koss Pro-4AA headphones purchased in the spring of 1973 for $31.88 from Lafayette Radio (list price $60):
    Frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz (no +/- info listed).

3. jameselmer66

Thank you

4. tom3

tom3 Super Member

5. jameselmer66

Yeah, I appreciate the effort but those specs are for the modern Pro 4aa. They don't hold a candle to the vintage. If I remember correctly the vintage 4aa impedance is 32 but the modern 4aa are a whopping 250. So if you don't have a headphone amp or a decent home amp you can't get sound your looking for out of them. And from what I understand the drivers are way different. I think I've pieced enough 8nfo to cover the specs I'm looking for. Again thanks for the help.

6. ra.ra

ra.ra Super Member

Specs attached for original Pro-4AA headphones, circa 1975.
    Koss Pro-4AA specs.jpg

Please register to disable this ad.

7. jameselmer66

Thank you