Vintage Marantz Speakers of unknown year and info

TODD

Hey all I posted this on Audio Asylum and no one really had answers for me other thier so I figured that I would post it here and see what comes of it here. Anyway got thee bad boys off Ebay and not sure of any info on them can someone here of be of any help? I will post a link at the end. Bear with the guy who sold them because he was long winded pictures of the speakers are at the bottom. One other thing I also went to Marantz's home page found nothing and also went to Marantz's Audio classic page also and found nothing.

Thanks for any help,

Todd

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1383625328

look to be later model Marantz, particle board cabinets with plastic trim rings around the speakers. Typical 80's stuff

About all I can offer is that the DS series was the next version after the HD series. Yours were made sometime between 1977-1982. Welcome aboard.

Grumpy

Yeah, the "Design(er) Series". I have a pair of the DS 900. Good sounding speaker system. Mine are a 10-inch, 3-way, and it is a large cabinet. Has the "vari-Q" port/plug. Kinda neat, I always keep the plug in.

That particular model is not listed in my 97 Orion.

pete

Back
Top Bottom