Vintage McMartin Mono Power Amplifiers?

I had a pair with KT 66 tubes , sold them to a friend back in the 70's
wish i still had them.

The amps I'm looking at are LT3500D. They are not pretty. They have a open design.A floor mount type frame. Open bottom and cooling blade on top. From my understanding, they work. 350 watts. Cant find a lot of info on them.

Well post some pictures man! :D

It mostly depends on the iron - were they really full range or are they a midrange-heavy PA amp? Hi fi was not really needed to distribute Muzak. BUT they could be fantastic too. :dunno:

They were good enough for driving control room monitors in AM and FM broadcast stations, Muzak, other background music services, and more than good enough with efficient speakers for HiFi use.

What do those things use for output tubes and how many per amp. 350 Watts is an awful lot for any amplifier from that era.

Im considering using them as mono blocks. I have access to two of them. I will need to pick up a pre-amp. The pic has a cover which mine does not. It does have a 8 ohm connection.

Attachments

• 599438100_o.jpg
    599438100_o.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 37
The amps I'm looking at are LT3500D. They are not pretty. They have a open design.A floor mount type frame. Open bottom and cooling blade on top. From my understanding, they work. 350 watts. Cant find a lot of info on them.
Those what I thought. If working, overhaul should amount to a recap and checking all resistors against stated value and replacement of the drifters.

I looked at them again. The only connections were 70v, 25v and 1.5 ohm. They did not have the 8ohm connection like the pic I found and posted.

Back
Top Bottom