Vintage Mono Tube Amps - Is there a best use for these?

There are lots of other mono 10W tube amps out there if you want stereo. It's not necessary to find a matching amp to begin enjoying tube stereo.

Wanted: 2 sets feet for the Bogen hifi components...have a db130 amp and R660 tuner that need those odd tapered legs. Thanks!

I'm a newbee to tubes. But, if your at all into old furniture, you could look for a vintage tube radio cabinet that has lost its insides. I inherited one really very old, that matches dining set. May have had a battery powered one. I've wondered what it might have looked like. Someday, I may convert it back.

I did this for quite awhile, almost ten years. 10 watts per channel. And yep, they were Stromberg Carlsons.
I did a set up of Bogen DB 110 also a pair of Bogen DB 20 they used the 6L6 tubes the 110 used the 6V6's and sounded and still sound very nice to my ears only ten watts but its all I need on those ones.
Canton

Stromberg Carlson made a number of 12" and 15" speakers for HiFi. My favorite is the 15" "Slimline" with the red cone. It has a tweeter mounted coaxially across the woofer. Some of my favorite audio experiences was listening through a 15" SC speaker in mono driven by a 10W Bogen amp. I bought the speaker at a yard sale for $5 in a huge cabinet, apparently it was intended as a remote speaker for an organ.

stromber carlson speaker.jpg

Back
Top Bottom