Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

Well.. I'm back to sort of a mopar... 87 Jeep which was AMC, but someone got smart and put a GM drive train in it ;)

1974 Duster

picture.php

Last edited:
The Aspen Wagon

I grew up in Mopars hating them. Since I was an infant it's what we always had and I despised them. Now looking back I wish some of those cars were still around. In '69, the year I was born, my dad bought a new Dodge pickup with the 383 and push button automatic and a new 383 4 speed Road Runner. They sat on the hill behind the house till I was 12-13 before being sold for scrap. The Road Runner had been hit pretty hard in the drivers side quarter and still had the torque thrust smashed under the trunk over the axle with center knocked out. Insurance let him keep it and replaced it with a '70 'Cuda 383 4 speed that I have a story about I may share later. Anyhow flash forward to me being 16 and given the keys to a thoroughly rusted Aspen wagon with a slant six and woodgrain. Every kid should have to drive one and live down 5 miles of gravel, they'll appreciate every vehicle afterwards let me tell ya.

While I didn't get to keep any of the old metal it did lead me to getting the closest I could to dad's old 'Cuda in a modern car that you can see in my profile pic.

I really dig the pics everyone has posted.

My uncle Al was a die-hard Mopar guy....over the years, he owned a bunch of `em. When I was just a pup, he had an old "Business Coupe", which I assume was a traveling salesman`s car. Instead of a back seat, it just had like an abbreviated package shelf, the rest of the space was devoted to the HUGE trunk....I think you could fit about 12 bodies in there !

Later on he had a Chrysler Imperial (with a Hemi engine) that was the size of an aircraft carrier. Great cruisemobile, he loved to drive it at 110 mph down the Garden State Parkway, scaring the shit out of most of his passengers (except me....I loved it :thmbsp:)

His most memorable ride (to me) was a white Dodge Polara (`63 or `64 ?) that he had special-ordered, with a 413 Wedge motor, push-button Torqueflite trans, and Sure-Grip rear. He used to crack me up with that car....Mister Conservative Family Man in his undercover hotrod, looking for `57 Chevys to rip them a new A-hole....:D

NeoVintage MOPAR

b663c934.jpg

My 1996 ZJ doing what it likes to do most!

170,000+ miles, still completely stock down to the paint and owner's manual.
Minty!!

Not quite yet considered a classic, but it's getting there. LOL

And just look at those body lines! - they just don't make 'em like they used to.:thmbsp:

Stock photo pic ,not my car.Mine was jade green ,383 balanced and blueprinted 383 with the hurst pistolgrip shifter and benchseat.It had fully functional ram air and posi also.Fast and reliable and one I will own again if possible.

Stock photo pic ,not my car.Mine was jade green ,383 balanced and blueprinted 383 with the hurst pistolgrip shifter and benchseat.It had fully functional ram air and posi also.Fast and reliable and one I will own again if possible.

That looks like my buddies car from my town .

sixt8mopar: I sure do hope you got enough cash for that Satellite to prevent some inbred from butchering it into a roadrunner-clone! The are just not enough original cars around anymore!

Here are a few:

impatshow.jpg

For purposes of the thread, look at the truck, not the TVs...

z1Portables.jpg

'79 Cordoba

79cordo11.jpg

Sold this a while back...

3.jpg

and tons more if you still want to see them.

Does your Cordoba have Corinthian leather????

Back
Top Bottom