Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

Jay - your Cordoba reminded me about a ride I almost forgot about. My Silver/Black 360 Charger SE Daytona. Have some show fun with this car for a couple of years. Ron.

Ron,
Yeah, the Cordoba and Chargers of those years shared the same body. Great cars too. Yours is quite a looker. I wish I kept mine, but just like stereo equipment, I have too many!

Jay

Here are a few more I've bought since the last update:

000_0154.jpg

The LeBaron is fairly rare, being a '92 with a turbo 5-speed.

That is the coolest & most desirable example of the LeBaron I've ever seen. :thmbsp:

The LeBaron is fairly rare, being a '92 with a turbo 5-speed.

That is the coolest & most desirable example of the LeBaron I've ever seen. :thmbsp:

'92 is the last year for a turbo, and 5-speed LeBaron (especially converts) are rare in the first place. It was at a donation/charity lot!

I have a TV commercial of a

1967(?) Imperial Crown Coupe Mobile Director

I bet nobody here knows of that one.

It's a totally cool display of the very beautiful car with an elegant woman and man having an elegant candle-lit champagne time together inside.

The front passenger seat would swivel to face the rear seats and a conference table folds out with a special gooseneck lamp.

That's what I call "cool".

I found a website that shows a '66 Mobile Executive show car in a magazine showing a man in the backseat with the gooseneck lamp, conference table and a big bulky center console containing a place for a TV a Slimline phone and an operating fax-machine surrounding him in a way that makes me hope he never has to scratch anywhere private.

I also love all those other Chrysler products from the '70's back to the '50's.

That yellow '71 Polara is totally cool and it's a great thing to save that '72 Imperial from those _amned smash-up derby odd-ball events.

Those derby's have used up all the crappy old cars many years ago and have been stealing many historically valuable cars for the sake of entertainment that, in my ever so humble opinion, seriously rots ones mind.

71 Swinger, Yeah Baby!!!

My 71 Swinger. Has a 318/AT/AC, 89K original miles. Body sports the rare combo of E-5 red paint and white top / interior. Also has rare factory Rochester 2bbl carb. Other nicities include the original spare with the blue stuff on the whitewall, factory rimblow wheel, a perfect original headliner and near perfect dash pad.

I've done a lot of work to this car, from buffing out the paint, to rebuilding the entire front K frame and converting to discs, to rebuilding the carb, to adding a sweet sounding dual exhaust, to fixing a number of odds and ends. Radio is a factory AM/FM unit and the original dash speaker. Sounds okay, glad to have FM! The wheels and tires are new as of this weekend.

Attachments

• Dartgarage1x.jpg
    Dartgarage1x.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 88
:smoke:Very nice rides all you Mopar aficianados:) I have been a mopar nut most of my life. My first one was a 1968 Imperial convertible(only 474 made) and it was owned by Karen & Richard Carpenter. My father bought it in 1980 at Newport Beach California auto auction for $3000! THen my neighbor bought it in 1982 from my dad for $3500 and had it in his garage until he passed away in 1990. The Carpenters had it painted a special Rose Pink and gave it to their mother as a birthday present. It originally was that light green color. And I had my first "driver" a 1974 Imperial Coupe with fatory power sunroof and a monster 440 with special suspension package which included the Ultra-rare real Mopar wire wheels! Notice the license plates, lol!! I have had dozens of old mopars over the years and the last one I still have is a 1978 Dodge Power Wagon "Big Block" numbers matching truck. I re-worked the motor to about 450HP & 470Ft. Lbs.

Attachments

• HPIM0875.JPG
    HPIM0875.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 72
  • HPIM0878.JPG
    HPIM0878.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 47
  • HPIM0876.JPG
    HPIM0876.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 69
  • HPIM0802.JPG
    HPIM0802.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 60
:smoke:just thought I'd throw a pic of the motor in my Power Wagon in here:)

Attachments

• HPIM0815.JPG
    HPIM0815.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 61
Big Tuna...

Your Imperial jogged my memory. I picked this one up on eBay to (again) keep it away from the Derby-scum that was the next-highest bid.

74Imperial-1.jpg

As you can see, this one has a sunroof too.

The car had been sitting in a Detroit-area garage since the 80s. I bought it in 2004-ish. I threw gas down the carb and drove it home! It needed a full resto, but was a great solid car to start with. (The pictures show it after I blasted the inches of filth off with a pressure washer) Sold it to a collector in Colorado that owns a Dodge dealer... Circle of life I guess!

The Carpenters are just as well known for their Mopar-love in the car world as they are for their music elsewhere. A shame that Karen died.

Richard still has a huge collection as far as I know, all kinds of 300 letter cars and Imperials, not just the musclecar stuff.

This is my Challenger. It is currently #2 in line for restoration. I'm going to have to save up some $$ so I can complete the project once I start. It's a '71 with a 383 2-barrel, auto.

ChallengerSideComp.jpg

Good for you, Carmine ! That Imperial deserved a MUCH better fate than to be the feature at next Sunday's Derby...

I'm surprised it would end up as such. Most derbies ban those and New Yorkers as them as being too much for the competition.

not here in mass

I'm surprised it would end up as such. Most derbies ban those and New Yorkers as them as being too much for the competition.

a bunch of us run the imp's we dont use em in the heats though, the ol 70 lincoln's an thunderbirds get the heats here- then in the big event the big boys come out to play. these smartmouth young guys run there mouths all over the old guys who have been running demo's for over 20 yrs!

they make it to the final show down with there cars barely running an fixed with duct tape- my buddy will drive out with a 67 imp- headers sticking through the hood. punch the throttle an little kids love the light show from the flames that shoot outta it :thmbsp: those smarth mouth young drivers- dont know what do too:smoke:

but they kno they got hit by the imperial car as their trunk is sitting in the passengers seat :yes:

a few of my buddies have been running the same cars for over ten yrs. just keep redoing the bodies on them

but just so ya know the imperials they run ARE NOT road worthy- one of the guys is a mopar fanatic
has a " few" restored cars

1965 PLYMOUTH Sport Fury III 383
My street toy with a long rodded 383,Indy heads,Solid Roller,930 BG,NX 200 Shot,4500 Conv,4.30's,& 29x12.50 M&H RaceMasters

I bought the car my Jr. year in highschool. Paint job is 17 years old.

New 3 1/2" Exhaust I made out of U-Bends

Car go's 10.70's on street tires and exhaust and weighs 4120.
They then tell me to go home it has No rollbar or cage and NEVER will it's a street car.:D

Back
Top Bottom