Vintage Sansui G5700 receiver left channel intermittent sound

loualex

My first post on AK. So hello to all. Looking for some help here.

I bought a Sansui G5700 recently. The left channel sound become faint intermittently on its own. I have figured out that the issue is with the selector switch. When I press on the selector switch or twist it, the sound returns, but when I remove the finger pressure from the switch, it again becomes faint. Already opened it and cleaned it. Has been deoxit and lubricated. But issue still there.

Any help appreciated.

In that case the problematic solder joint would have to be very close to the switch itself because sound comes back when i press the switch?

Also, generally problematic solder joint tend to work when you raise the volume up. But in this case the problem is independent of volume level.

In that case the problematic solder joint would have to be very close to the switch itself because sound comes back when i press the switch?

Also, generally problematic solder joint tend to work when you raise the volume up. But in this case the problem is independent of volume level.

Yes I would check solder joints for the switch itself first and see what happens.

My first post on AK. So hello to all. Looking for some help here.

I bought a Sansui G5700 recently. The left channel sound become faint intermittently on its own. I have figured out that the issue is with the selector switch. When I press on the selector switch or twist it, the sound returns, but when I remove the finger pressure from the switch, it again becomes faint. Already opened it and cleaned it. Has been deoxit and lubricated. But issue still there.

Any help appreciated.

@loualex- Click on the "report" link at the bottom of your post and request that a Moderator move your thread to the Exclusively Sansui sub-form. Several members there have hands on experience with this series and should be able to offer more assistance.

Back
Top Bottom