Vintage stereo

A lepscum

1994 sound design stereo system. Im horrible at knowing the value of things. It belonged to my dad. Can anyone give me a range of what its worth?

Attachments

• received_2131657137099352.jpeg
    received_2131657137099352.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 160
  • received_534684270300209.jpeg
    received_534684270300209.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 159
  • received_460332877820417.jpeg
    received_460332877820417.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 169
Not to offend you, but you will be lucky to sell it. Sound design was not a premium brand, just a department store offering. Maybe you can get 20 bucks for it if a college kid wants noise in the dorm room.

If it works then it will be better to keep it (or possibly donate it). Like someone posted, unfortunately it won't be worth much, but it will have greater value to you. For what its worth, if the system works then it should be decent.

Back in the 1990s my sister's apartment in Chicago was burglarized. They took her computer, CDs, and cat food, but didn't touch her Sound Design system.

Not laughing at the post.. but at myself.. I had a "Sound Design" I played to death.. it was my brothers yet in a shared room.

Thinking back now, I think he eventually pawned it and got less than $20 for it... in the 70s :eek:

So.... I get the gist of what you stating :rflmao:

And I agree... much vintage or dated stereo is "hallmarked" for the associated memories.. not necessarily its monetary value.

Only value is that it can play records. For a young person who just started collecting vinyl, it might be worth $10.

Yep, Soundesign and Craig were the brands I grew up with. Didn't have much money then.......
Oh, hey A lepscum, welcome to Audiokarma. :)

But maybe the department store brands are making a comeback? Consider this at a recent thrift store visit: (note tag "vintage")

york thrift.JPG

If it weren't for the missing knob hard to say how high the price would go..

Soundesign was a typical brand, along with Audiovox, Yorx, Lloyds. There were many brands that made audio components in local stores and sold for a range between 85.00-200.00. Not all of them worked well, but they produced a product that was in demand at the time, which was convenient audio which was easy to set up and relatively inexpensive.

And, surprisingly this stuff seems to work about forever. Especially the Panasonic equipment. Lightly stressed components maybe? Even theSD/ BSR turntables, a drop of oil here and there and they still work.

Back
Top Bottom