Vintage Thorens TD-165 Turntable for Restoration

Latest update - very pleased with results. Waiting for arrival of another top plate to try something on my older table that also has a little bit of top plate scarring:

With the legs:

https://timothyflath.smugmug.com/Stereo/Thorens/No-2/i-L7sx9vd/A
A

A short little maintenance and tuning update on my Thorens TD-165 Turntable No. 2 Progress. Still waiting for some dress-up bits from overseas. Got lazy as I had a big gig this weekend for a crowd of over 460 people so still winding down from that. Going with this as a final design as I have another Thorens project to follow on the heels of this one as I have a top plate idea I need to pursue thanks to a fellow AKer - that will have to wait though as a fall/winter project. More to follow as I complete this TT which now sounds great:

As the title of the vid says, this is the real reason I went to the above red turntable. It was a test project for this one which shall adorn my man-cave system someday (Hopefully):

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what you do as this progresses! I have commissioned my new custom plinth for my 165 and can't wait to install it. Going with classic walnut and a bit beefier profile than the original to coordinate with my Mac tuner... Gotta love this hobby!

Quad 44 Pre-amp almost complete now - just a few small issues to tidy up now (only wish I didn't box up the red Thorens table quite so soon... it wold have popped side by side....):

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom