Vintage Wharfedale W70's

Are yours marked made in Canada? Even though I bought mine here, the seller had purchased them in the US and then brought them to his mother's up here when he put them in storage. I've not seen any with marking s they were made in Canada.

The early US imports have the 2 inputs the OP has on his set. Later whe BIC became the distributors they added their labels and had Wharfedale wite them with screw terminals. There is some speculation the BIC or at least some may have been kits and BIC had cabinets manufactured in the US and then assembled them but it seems unlikely as there was no import tariff on UK products as the country was a most favored trading partner. Usually the kits are to get around the tariff on finished goods.

I just took some additional photos. Brian was right. They are definitely banana plugs. No threads at all. I measured the inside diameter & length of the plug. It measures 5/8" long by 1/8". I can snugly fit a 1/8" drift pin in the holes and it clasps them tightly. I should be able to fashion a banana plug for these speakers. I really hate to muck them up by modifiying the connectors. The insides (and outside for that matter) of the speakers are really unbelievable! It looks new to me! The exceptionally fine workmanship on each of the cabinets is something you do not see today. The Wharfedale tag is different on each speaker...as shown in the photos. Don't know why. But I'm excited to hook them up.
WharfedaleW70-1.jpg

WharfedaleW70-2.jpg

WharfedaleW70-3.jpg

WharfedaleW70-4.jpg

Wharf2.jpg

Wharf3.jpg

Wharf4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom