Vinyl Finds Today

JDaniel

I haven't bought any LPs since before Christmas. Today I stopped by the local thrift store, and picked up 4 albums I don't have on vinyl or LP, all in very good condition:

BB King "Lucille Talks Back" (1975)

BB King "To Know You Is To Love You" (1973)

Bobby Bland "Reflections In Blue" (1977)

Elton John "21 at 33" (1980).

I'm particularly pumped at the BB King albums. Oh - all cost $1.98 each.

JD

Nice score JD! Too bad my thrifts are beyond totally useless for anything except clothes.

Carl

Man, everyone is in bed. I'm downstairs now on Side B of Lucille Talks Back on my Marantz, Elac Miracord 46 TT, and vintage Advents. I'm enjoying a Guinness Draught. Not a bad way to spend an evening.

JD

Just wanted to share my latest vinyl find.

Best of Herbie Hancock, Blue Note, 2 record set, mint, 50 cent at Salvation Army.

Man, what a great album. Sound is phenominal. Sounds like I'm getting a private show right in my man-cave.

And the music is excellent. Excellent musicians along with Herbie: Ron Carter, Dexter Gordon, Grant Green, Hank Mobley, Donald Byrd, Freddie Hubbard etc.

These guys can just downright PLAY! Some great grooves along with some nice piano by Herbie.

I was always familiar with the tunes like Watermelon Man and Maiden Voyage by Herbie and that he played with Miles but not much else.
But now I see he wrote some other really great tunes, real tasteful stuff.

This would have to be included in my 'deserted on a island' music.

I'm gonna have go find some more of his LPs now.

Back
Top Bottom